SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#395764 - 11/11/14 06:43 PM Re: First impression of HK Nano 300 [Re: cassp]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just kidding guys. I wouldn't part with any of them, regardless of the price.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#395765 - 11/11/14 06:46 PM Re: First impression of HK Nano 300 [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
EVERYTHING has its price ... $$$$$

#395766 - 11/11/14 06:52 PM Re: First impression of HK Nano 300 [Re: cassp]
travlin'easy Offline

Come visit me in the Florida Keys this winter - no charge for old friends. smile

Gary cool

#395767 - 11/11/14 07:23 PM Re: First impression of HK Nano 300 [Re: cassp]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: cassp
I hate to think that anything could be better than my Compact, but this HK has got me thinking.

We probably play for smaller(and older)groups that most of you...that said...

Tonight we played to a crowd(around 50)of seniors(70's and up). My wife used the Bose compact with bass and voice...worked fine.

I used the Nano 300 with the Tyros 4.

At first I had trouble getting enough volume. Then I realized that I had volume at 12 o'clock on the Nano...50% roughly. I put the dial at 2 o'clock..70% and had more volume than I needed or could use.

The styles sounded great...the Nano has a way of evening out the sound. However, voices sounded a bit mushy. Toward the end of the gig I realized I had the EQ at 50%..probably the issue.

Here's the thing. I've been practicing with the Tyros 4 sound system that came with the board. I think that's my mistake. I think I need to practice with the Nano.

I'm going to have to start practicing with the Nano since it has a lot more control of frequency range control...both it's blessing and curse.

When well tuned, the Nano sounds just great with my Tyros. But it takes a bit of fiddling with EQ. For instance, I have the bass sub at 20% most of the time.

The thing about the Compact is that a person just plugs it in and goes...again a blessing and a curse. Thing is, I was always disappointed with the bass end on the Compact...the Nano just kicks a...there. Also, if my Tyros is a bit harsh on the high end of the voices...there's not much compensating for that except for EQ'ing with the Tyros. The Nano, I can make quick EQ adjustments there without touching the Tyros controls.

My guess is that sound is a never ending issue.

Looking for that best sound. Anyway, the Nano is probably the ticket for me but I have to continue to see if I can get that sound I'm looking for.

Well, in any case, everything must have worked because we hadn't played there before and folks asked that we come back.

smile

Edited by guitpic1 (11/11/14 07:26 PM)

#395774 - 11/12/14 07:37 AM Re: First impression of HK Nano 300 [Re: cassp]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The Nanos prompted me to sell two Compacts. Love the sound. The Compacts are a little easier and quicker to set up, but not enough difference to matter.
Then I found another Compact in my garage. I sort of forgot I had it. It had a problem so I sent it to Bose for refurbishing. It's a great deal - $175. including shipping both ways and they put an additional one-year warranty on it. Got it back it less than a week.
Now I will either add a second Bose, and use them for my backup system, or sell the one I have.

#395780 - 11/12/14 08:30 AM Re: First impression of HK Nano 300 [Re: cassp]
travlin'easy Offline

Don, you need to take Captain Russ fishing.

Gary cool

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online