SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#395735 - 11/11/14 08:12 AM Additional Small PA system
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I have a very Busy Christmas Calendar this year I have booked over 45 shows so far and 4 days I have 3 in a day so lot of set up and break down
I am at the Mission inn in Riverside again for the festival of light about 20 dates so I am going to leave one set up there and then another one in the car to go do the other dates so i am looking to get a additional system I got a big system already so this one need to be portable and compact

I have seen and played Bose compact good but you need 2 to sound full

Fender Expo or muoi 11 sound better then bose in mmy oppinion true sound
but I have not seen HK nano 300 or Nano 600 I think the you tube vids are hard to find a feel for most in German

I think the Hk systrem could be good but I think the 600 might be better long term has anybody played thru a 600 yet ?

any thoughts here and if anybody has a rock in roller L 10 I am looking for a extra one I am in So CAL

Ron Johnson

#395737 - 11/11/14 08:19 AM Re: Additional Small PA system [Re: musicforyourday]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I can endorse the Nano 300. You can do stereo with either one or two units. The 600 is heavier and costs more, but I'm certain it sounds great and would handle larger venues.

#395739 - 11/11/14 08:22 AM Re: Additional Small PA system [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Talk to Frank at Audioworks, he'll do ya right......I would be looking at the HK Nano 600.

sorry I just got rid of a R&R R10 kart

Ron BTW....did you ever put any show videos of your act on your website?

Edited by Dnj (11/11/14 08:24 AM)

#395742 - 11/11/14 08:38 AM Re: Additional Small PA system [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I have not posted yet to you tube I need to get some good content to post I do a lot of concert shows where I am the headline Act and I got to get some Recorded I will post as soon as I get something good I busy performing I loose track of Video stuff so soon I will have something avail .

I going to start my next CD project in January hopfully I will have time to get it going

I going to do a CD of Patrotic and Amercian Music many request for Fan to do that so that will be a fun and Rewarding project.

Ron

#395743 - 11/11/14 09:15 AM Re: Additional Small PA system [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
I have not posted yet to you tube I need to get some good content to post I do a lot of concert shows where I am the headline Act and I got to get some Recorded I will post as soon as I get something good I busy performing I loose track of Video stuff so soon I will have something avail .

I going to start my next CD project in January hopfully I will have time to get it going

I going to do a CD of Patrotic and Amercian Music many request for Fan to do that so that will be a fun and Rewarding project.

Ron

Sounds great Ron......Im looking forward to seeing video footage of some of your great shows.......Patriotic American CD is a very good idea also...good luck. keys

#395875 - 11/13/14 08:00 PM Re: Additional Small PA system [Re: musicforyourday]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
I have seen and played Bose compact good but you need 2 to sound full

I wholeheartedly disagree. I can fill any room I work with that one compact and the internal speakers on my PA900.

#395877 - 11/13/14 08:24 PM Re: Additional Small PA system [Re: musicforyourday]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I agree with Dave - One Bose Compact and my S-950 is all I need for nearly any job.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#395880 - 11/14/14 12:43 AM Re: Additional Small PA system [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Stop the Madness!!!!

#395881 - 11/14/14 03:37 AM Re: Additional Small PA system [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Three issues to consider.

1. Size of audience
2. Size of room
3. Weight/portability.

75% of the time Nano 300 or Compacts work for us. However,
we have a gig in a couple of days. .audience isn't that big but the
room is. For that gig we will use JBL 515XT's.

#395885 - 11/14/14 07:45 AM Re: Additional Small PA system [Re: musicforyourday]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
First thing is you are comparing two different types of systems, the Bose/LD Maui/RCF Evox. are your "Portable Line array"

The HK Nano 300/600, are more of the conventional speaker design.

Benefits of the line array design, is less drop off of volume as the distance from the speaker increases, and the physics of line arrays allow for a much bigger sweet spot, thus eliminated the hot spots. But because of this, you tend to lose the impact presence a conventional pa design gives.

But if you look at any venue that has invested into their sound systems, broadway theaters, outside amphitheaters, live sound venues, you will almost always see a line array set-up. Because of the dispersion of sound is much more controlled and spread out.

The difference here is that we all play in different environments, so each speaker system will not always be the best for that situation, but these systems we are looking at are the best at what they do, and you will not be dissatisfied which whatever you use.

The last variable is the size of the room, amount of people, type of music being played, amount of bass wanted/needed, and the volume to be played at.

This is why let's say a Bose compact, or LD Maui 11, or HK nano 300. are very similar for smaller gigs. But move to a bigger room or more people, you might find yourself running out of gas with these systems. Simple solution, get another, or start off with the bigger versions of these, and just turn it down at the smaller gigs.

In a few weeks I possible will be having a small demonstration at my store, which will include

Ketron Audya 4,5, midjay pro
Yamaha Tyros 5
Roland Bk9
Korg PA series

playing through

LD Maui 11,28,44
HK Elements
HK Nano 300, possibly 600
RCF Evox

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online