SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#395100 - 10/23/14 09:08 AM In a rut.
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello all. I am in a terrible rut. I have been working on my music for 40 years. but 10 years ago I got real sick so I mostly put it on hold till I got well. I sang with a couple of local bands but only commercial songs. I had been working on my own stuff using arranger keyboards and also w/ a local guy who really does wonders using midi sequencing. Yeah, I know, who isn't wishing for the big time. But, just for the sake of argument, lets say you really had some great songs but need to get the attention of a backer w/ contacts w/o getting ripped off. Any suggestions??

#395113 - 10/23/14 07:24 PM Re: In a rut. [Re: Guardman2001]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Make the music for yourself ... as if you don't care about the money. The "art for art's sake" adage applies here ... maybe you'll get out of your funk?

#395695 - 11/10/14 11:38 AM Re: In a rut. [Re: Guardman2001]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Taxi cost $200 a year and place music for songwriter/performers. They are a legitimate organization and have placed music on TV shows for a good friend of mine Jo Kelly Stephenson You must own 100% of the song writing rights. They are just paying for the use of your music. Jo has had I'll Be True To You used in a few cable TV shows. The fee you get for placement is one time but the more songs you have getting placed it can add up to some good money. Plus, like Jo you can get the same songs placed in multiple productions.

It is worth trying if you think you do have music that is commercial quality. If you do it is worth paying for one year to see how it works out for you. Taxi send daily emails about the type of material they need and what the fee for placement will be.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online