SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#395625 - 11/09/14 08:19 AM Is this the Beginning of the End for Arranger KBs?
Dnj Offline

Is this the Beginning of the End for Arranger KBs?
It just seems like after this last wave of models from all manufacturers we are at a stand still and truthfully what if anything can they come up with that will get players any more excited. As it stands now there is more then enough sound, styles, features, bells & whistles, to make all kinds of music if you take the time to dig in and learn your unit and it's capabilities. Of course there are always those who would like things implemented just for their needs but that in no way is general enough to warrant a big design change. Then we have the competition of rapidly changing technology & music in general that will definitely alter what we now know as the traditional arranger KB in the future if at all ....or is this the beginning of the end?. confused1

#395627 - 11/09/14 08:21 AM Re: Is this the Beginning of the End for Arranger KBs? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I remember thinking back in 1976 that my Lowery Contempo 80 organ was the last instrument I'd ever need. How could they improve that? smile

#395629 - 11/09/14 08:24 AM Re: Is this the Beginning of the End for Arranger KBs? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA

wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#395661 - 11/10/14 05:43 AM Re: Is this the Beginning of the End for Arranger KBs? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

All I can do is hope Winter NAMM 2015 brings some ground breaking NEW designs in arranger KB's...fingers crossed.

#395665 - 11/10/14 06:53 AM Re: Is this the Beginning of the End for Arranger KBs? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Hey Don
I remember when I finally had two B3's that I really liked, one for the studio and one for the road I was set for life. Many keyboards later I had 3 / G1000's, and thought oh boy, I'm done buying keyboards LOL !!!

Donny
I think the bigger question is this the end of OMB's as we know them ? If there's a demand for more Arrangers they will be made but I don't see it. And as you said if you really dig into any of the better ones out there they are really all you need.

#395668 - 11/10/14 07:31 AM Re: Is this the Beginning of the End for Arranger KBs? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Omb is dwindling vs todays music if your gigging qith an arranger....NH gigs is a diff story not effected.....its a new world out there...adapt or you'll be staying home.

#395675 - 11/10/14 08:20 AM Re: Is this the Beginning of the End for Arranger KBs? [Re: Dnj]
KORG80 Offline

Sorry, Donny, I must have missed something is NH nursing homes?

God Bless,
Don

#395676 - 11/10/14 08:46 AM Re: Is this the Beginning of the End for Arranger KBs? [Re: KORG80]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don ... yes ...

#395699 - 11/10/14 12:17 PM Re: Is this the Beginning of the End for Arranger KBs? [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hey Donnie:

I think we have "flown through this barn before" but my two cents worth is "never!" As long as people with talent like you guys are willing to go gigging and endure the drunks and wannabee's... there will always be Arrangers. I'd bet Mason's favorite house cat that we will see some remarkable improvements. These folks know what they are doing and they know how to sucker-punch us when we think we are gaining ground on them... LOL!

All my best,

Dave Rice

http://www.ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice/

#395705 - 11/10/14 03:54 PM Re: Is this the Beginning of the End for Arranger KBs? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, do you have more jobs scheduled for 2015 or fewer? For me, I am taking six months off, and still have more jobs than the previous year for the same time period. And, I still have a couple places that have not booked 2015 yet, but they will within the next few days.

These are not ALL nursing home/assisted living facilities. Several are private parties for specific holiday occasions. Others are staff parties, and there's the usual number of wedding anniversaries, birthday parties, etc...

Now, there are at least three new retirement communities opening within 15 minutes drive time from my home. One, that opened just a month ago, has already called and booked me for six months of 2015.

I was at a golf course country club yesterday, I was introduced to the club manager, and she said "Oh, I've heard about you. Would you be interested in performing at the country club a couple times a month beginning in January?" When I explained that I will not be in Maryland until the end of March 2015, she said that's fine, but could I please send her a contract listing some specific dates so she could advertise them in her country club newsletter. And, that was after I told her my fee.

So, maybe things are going sour in NJ, but for us southern OMB guys and gals, we sincerely believe that OMB entertainers using arranger keyboards are going to be around for a long time to come. Donny, you've been playing this same, old tune for a couple years now, and the answer from all of us has and will be the same - we're here for the duration. You may be in a state of panic about the future of arranger keyboards, but no one in my part of the world is gonna loose a minute's sleep over your post.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (11/10/14 03:56 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online