SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#395553 - 11/06/14 05:28 PM Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted [Re: DonM]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Since I just got my Nano today, I'm not ready or inclined to sell my Compact. But, I do have a question: what about chaining the two systems together (mono each) as a larger mono or even a stereo system? Can it be done? Would you suggest it? That could solve the problem of the occasional need for a bigger system.

#395555 - 11/06/14 05:58 PM Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
In theory, it's as simple as using one as LEFT and the other as RIGHT. In practice ... only a test will tell. I'm pretty sure it'll sound great. If I had both, I'd set the Nano facing ME and the Bose facing front. That way you get the cushy, sappy stereo chorusing, and the Bose fills the room more completely with no dead spots or sweet spots. That's an overkill situation, but makes sense in my twisted mind.

#395561 - 11/06/14 07:11 PM Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I haven't tried using both at the same time but it would have to sound good.
For sure it would running mono. I always do stereo though.
I have set two Nanos and two Compacts up and a-b tested them. At close quarters the Nanos won, but it was just in my small office.
That prompted me to try them on a job and they passed that test with flying colors too.
I do have a couple of bigger jobs coming up and I think the Boses might cover them better.
Maybe I'll take 'em all!

#395562 - 11/06/14 07:56 PM Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Now that sounds like a plan, Don. And, I sure hope you can afford to feed my grandson because I sure can't! The boy is an eating machine and growing like a weed. He turned 7 in June, he now tips the scales at 64 pounds, and he's just 2 inches shy of 5 feet tall. My daughter has to take a copy of his birth certificate to his football games because the other coaches don't believe he is only 7 years old. He plays center, says he loves it because he gets to tackle the other team's quarterback a lot. He's the biggest kid on the team.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#395567 - 11/07/14 12:12 AM Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: DonM
I think the Nanos actually sound better up close. The Compacts project to the back of the room better.

I tend to agree with this. However, I don't know how big a room one would have to go to before the Nano wouldn't reach.

We only play two to four times a month and mostly in more intimate settings. I haven't found a venue yet that the Nano wouldn't reach.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online