Posted by: DonM

Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 07:38 AM

Does anyone have one for sale?
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 07:52 AM

why?....you giving up on the nanos? or? confused1

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 07:54 AM

Well I still have one Compact, and have some extra jobs coming up so would like another one.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 08:25 AM

Originally Posted By: DonM
Well I still have one Compact, and have some extra jobs coming up so would like another one.

Don,...I can understand you wanting to use them in stereo for smaller gigs.....glad to hear your getting back in the saddle more every day buddy!!....get well!!

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 08:34 AM

I think the Nanos actually sound better up close. The Compacts project to the back of the room better.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 08:44 AM

No question about it Don - the Bose L1 Compact does provide more high-quality, equally distributed coverage than any conventional sound system. That said, I will not sell my second L1, despite the fact that you are a very old and dear friend. Sorry! wink

Gary cool

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 10:19 AM

Send it to me and I will release your grandson! smile
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 11:59 AM

Cmon Gary, give it to him . Lloyd
Your reward will be great in heaven !

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 12:02 PM

Guess I'm going straight to Hell. wink

Gary cool
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 05:06 PM

$899 at GC this month
Posted by: cassp

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 05:28 PM

Since I just got my Nano today, I'm not ready or inclined to sell my Compact. But, I do have a question: what about chaining the two systems together (mono each) as a larger mono or even a stereo system? Can it be done? Would you suggest it? That could solve the problem of the occasional need for a bigger system.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 05:58 PM

In theory, it's as simple as using one as LEFT and the other as RIGHT. In practice ... only a test will tell. I'm pretty sure it'll sound great. If I had both, I'd set the Nano facing ME and the Bose facing front. That way you get the cushy, sappy stereo chorusing, and the Bose fills the room more completely with no dead spots or sweet spots. That's an overkill situation, but makes sense in my twisted mind.

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 07:11 PM

I haven't tried using both at the same time but it would have to sound good.
For sure it would running mono. I always do stereo though.
I have set two Nanos and two Compacts up and a-b tested them. At close quarters the Nanos won, but it was just in my small office.
That prompted me to try them on a job and they passed that test with flying colors too.
I do have a couple of bigger jobs coming up and I think the Boses might cover them better.
Maybe I'll take 'em all!

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/06/14 07:56 PM

Now that sounds like a plan, Don. And, I sure hope you can afford to feed my grandson because I sure can't! The boy is an eating machine and growing like a weed. He turned 7 in June, he now tips the scales at 64 pounds, and he's just 2 inches shy of 5 feet tall. My daughter has to take a copy of his birth certificate to his football games because the other coaches don't believe he is only 7 years old. He plays center, says he loves it because he gets to tackle the other team's quarterback a lot. He's the biggest kid on the team.

Good luck,

Gary cool
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Bose L1 Compact wanted - 11/07/14 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: DonM
I think the Nanos actually sound better up close. The Compacts project to the back of the room better.

I tend to agree with this. However, I don't know how big a room one would have to go to before the Nano wouldn't reach.

We only play two to four times a month and mostly in more intimate settings. I haven't found a venue yet that the Nano wouldn't reach.