SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#395487 - 11/05/14 07:47 AM Arranger Keyboard Which Has Biggest Learning Curve
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
Which Arranger Keyboard Would You Say Has Biggest Learning Curve?

#395488 - 11/05/14 08:13 AM Re: Arranger Keyboard Which Has Biggest Learning Curve [Re: MusicalMemories]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Usually your first one.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#395490 - 11/05/14 09:08 AM Re: Arranger Keyboard Which Has Biggest Learning Curve [Re: MusicalMemories]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I never had a problem with any brand, but from what I'm told by others, they're all, technically, pretty much the same. Just different terminology for the same menus. Some may take more steps to accomplish the same goals, but the secret to learning the operating system of any arranger keyboard is to sit down with the instruction/user manual next to the keyboard and go through each and every feature, step by step. That said, most of the manuals are poorly written and constructed, therefore, the various tutorial forums, such as www.psrtutorial.com, which is a Yamaha site, can provide a great deal of assistance in decreasing the steepness of the learning curve. And, forums, such as this one, can often provide answers for perplexing questions when you feel like you're beating your head against the wall with the manuals.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#395493 - 11/05/14 10:15 AM Re: Arranger Keyboard Which Has Biggest Learning Curve [Re: MusicalMemories]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Gary is absolutely right. I have owned Yamaha, Roland and Korg arrangers and each has its pluses and minuses. You can sit down and play something terrific with the stock styles and sounds of any arranger. Getting familiar and comfortable with a particular operating system is a personal matter depending on what your wants and needs are.

#395494 - 11/05/14 12:22 PM Re: Arranger Keyboard Which Has Biggest Learning Curve [Re: MusicalMemories]
Dnj Offline

difficult > easiest...........

KORG
KETRON
ROLAND
YAMAHA

#395504 - 11/05/14 04:21 PM Re: Arranger Keyboard Which Has Biggest Learning Curve [Re: MusicalMemories]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I would put Roland easiest, then Ketron, then Korg and THEN Yamaha.
I have answered probably a thousand questions on Yamaha OS. (Of course there are lots more people playing them.)
I'll bet I have had to explain how to save a registration a hundred times, and Gary probably has done it 10 times more.
For the uninitiated, you save the registration, then must save the bank, AFTER you tell it what parameters to save and ignore, in two totally different menus.

#395506 - 11/05/14 05:34 PM Re: Arranger Keyboard Which Has Biggest Learning Curve [Re: MusicalMemories]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don, as usual, is right about the progression of the learning curves. All of them are a lot harder than they should be for the task they perform.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#395510 - 11/05/14 06:44 PM Re: Arranger Keyboard Which Has Biggest Learning Curve [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Unfortunately, the easiest - and most advanced for its time - KB I've ever used is no longer made - technics KN series ... keys

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online