Topic Options
#395353 - 11/01/14 07:40 AM Re: SD Jukebox [Re: RMepstead]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I have SD Jukebox v5.0 Mike...

#395496 - 11/05/14 02:28 PM Re: SD Jukebox [Re: RMepstead]
designserve Offline

Loc: Wales, UK
I've written back and forth to Panasonic a few times. At first they hadn't heard of SD-Jukebox lol but I pointed them to the Japanese page and they have been in touch with Japan. They have confirmed that V5 is the most recent English version available and they are going to get back to me about whether people can still buy it or not.

For me V2.4 works with my HP computer which has an internal card reader that is SD Secure compatible so I'm sticking with that for the moment. I'll let you know what more news I can get.
https://wsa1.technicskeyboards.com/
KN7000 KN6500 KN6000 KN5000 KN3000 KN2600 KN2000 KN1000 KN901 KN800 P50 WSA1 AX7 GA3 PR804 Liverpool Tyros 3

#396759 - 12/03/14 10:46 PM Re: SD Jukebox [Re: RMepstead]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Rog,
SD Jukebox 2.4 works without problems on my PC (Vista).

Other question: SZ-CB 7 is no longer or hardly buy.
It is possible instead to use SZ-CB 8

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/SZ-CB8

Edited by HarryG (12/03/14 10:48 PM)

#396761 - 12/04/14 01:15 AM Re: SD Jukebox [Re: RMepstead]
RMepstead Offline

Thanks Harry.

#396762 - 12/04/14 01:54 AM Re: SD Jukebox [Re: RMepstead]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Rog,

Other question: SZ-CB 7 is no longer or hardly buy.
It is possible instead to use SZ-CB 8 ?

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/SZ-CB8

#396763 - 12/04/14 03:34 AM Re: SD Jukebox [Re: HarryG]
RMepstead Offline

Hi Harry - I have no idea but on my laptop which has an SD Card slot I find that I can successfully use that instead of the SZ-CB 7.

#401038 - 04/01/15 05:24 PM Re: SD Jukebox [Re: designserve]
katrina Offline

Loc: Colchester, UK
Mike, did you actually INSTALL Jukebox 2.4 ONTO Windows 8.1 ?

Or was Jukebox already on your computer and then you upgraded to Windows 8.1 afterwards ?

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad 8 tablet on 30 days Approval from a famous TV shopping channel - I can send it back if necessary. I only got it so I can try and keep my KN7000 programmes up and running ! (Main computer is Macbook and ancient XP laptop is wearing out! Battery dead etc) (The Tablet has Windows 8.1 Pro, only 32-bit)

On this Tablet on Approval I'm trying to load virtual XP downloaded from MS into VirtualBox. Am waiting for a bluetooth mouse to arrive as the stylus is useless on such a small screen (eventually hope to stream to TV and use mouse and bluetooth keyboard and then use it as an actual computer!)

So I'm wondering if it's possible to actually install the Jukebox 5 (and also song Manager or TechManager) straight into Windows 8.1 ?

I want to be able to load an MP3 onto the KN7000 and then synchronise it with midi tracks which I'll create, and I'm hoping that Jukebox will enable this.

Am running out of time before I have to keep or send it back The Lenovo Tablet is pretty good in itself. But wondering if I'd have more success with a Windows 7 laptop instead and run XP Compatibility Mode for these KN7000 programmes?

#401040 - 04/01/15 05:44 PM Re: SD Jukebox [Re: katrina]
designserve Offline

Loc: Wales, UK
Hi Katrina,

I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, it's a HP Envy Recline with Beats Audio. I bought it new as I was having the same issues as you with an old laptop. I still have the laptop as a backup but haven't used it for about 9 months. So, everything below is freshly installed. Some of them with a few minor challenges needing compatibility mode.

Sd Jukebox 2.4 installs and works perfectly. In fact it is the program with the least issues, very straightforward. Yes, it will enable the transfer of mp3s as you describe.

Song Manager installs and functions but won't transfer anything via USB.

KN7000 drivers install and work fine, using compatibility mode (there's an article on my UK website about this).

Jukebox 5 has never worked for me.

Techmanager is up and running in compatibility mode (works fine) but I found it challenging to install (I had to find various files around the Internet that weren't on Win 8.1).

KN-SDExplorer demo and full version work fine, with a few workarounds that I've explained on the KN-SDExplorer website. And we'll be releasing a new version in the near future we are near completion on testing.

EMC Styleworks Technics and EMC Styleworks Universal have been updated several times recently, they work great on Win 8.1 64 bit.

SD Origins download on my website is the quickest way to initiate an SD Card on Mac or PC, contains 727 Styles and sets up your directories for importing MIDIs etc. My son has a Mac and we've thoroughly tested it.

Technics KN recorder software works fine for recording from USB.

I recommend getting a good MIDI interface rather than using the USB, it works better for me (for MIDI). I use the USB for recording. Windows 8.1 also recognises the KN7000 as a speaker system.

Some of the above might depend on the processor in your PC and mine is 64 bit so I can't confirm for 32 bit but I understand that 32 bit is usually less problematic.

I haven't failed to get any of the other various Technics keyboard programs running but there are sometimes quirks such as the help file won't load.

I've written at length on most of these subjects on my websites, can't repeat it all here as there is so much but I hope that helps you.

Best wishes,
Mike

Edited by designserve (04/01/15 05:46 PM)
https://wsa1.technicskeyboards.com/
KN7000 KN6500 KN6000 KN5000 KN3000 KN2600 KN2000 KN1000 KN901 KN800 P50 WSA1 AX7 GA3 PR804 Liverpool Tyros 3

#401058 - 04/02/15 09:47 AM Re: SD Jukebox [Re: RMepstead]
RMepstead Offline

Shame we can't use SDHC Cards because there are plenty of them available to buy but straight SD Cards are getting rarer. Katrina I'm over your way in a couple of weeks time at the Seacroft Keyboard Cavalcade week long festival run by Sceptre Promotions just into Norfolk.

Edited by RMepstead (04/02/15 09:49 AM)

#401094 - 04/03/15 07:43 PM Re: SD Jukebox [Re: designserve]
katrina Offline

Loc: Colchester, UK
Thank you so much Mike. Incredibly useful! (And I see you too were burning the way-past-midnight oil!)

Unfortunately the Win 8.1 Pro Tablet I have on approval had a stupid Bios set-up on purchase. It didn't even recognise USB2, until after visiting forums I found a Bios update would fix that. Unfortunately the one programme I'm desperate to use (Jukebox) doesn't recognise the SD card, even in the special Panasonic Card-Reader, neither in Jukebox 2.4 or Jukebox 5 !!!!! (And at the moment I can't get the Virtual Box XP to run on the Tablet either). The old XP laptop had a Toshiba inbuilt SD reader and worked OK at recognising the SDs. (In other respects the Tablet I have on approval is fine, other than only needing a proprietary USB lead available only from the manufacturer!!!!)

Here I'm going to ask you a favour. I would be ever so grateful, if you didn't mind, if you could tell me EXACTLY what model number of HP Envy Recline that you have? (I daresay the various HP Envys could have different card readers inside.) Or do you connect via a Card Reader? I'm thinking if I input the exact Model number (full details) of your computer into the HP Support Page I could discover what internal SD Driver it uses. Maybe that would help me find a similar computer. (Assuming it's the Driver that is the problem?) The HP Envys I've looked at all have Realtek SD Drivers, or at least the updates do. But maybe yours doesn't!

Best Wishes,
Katrina

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online