SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#395208 - 10/27/14 11:07 AM How Do You Keep The Music Playing
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
I have heard this song by all the greats, this have to be one
of the best vocal and arrangements I have heard in a while -
great sounds with the piano, guitar etc.

85 and still going from a recent public tv performance with Lady Gaga

Walt

Tony Bennett

#395213 - 10/27/14 12:30 PM Re: How Do You Keep The Music Playing [Re: Walt Tenay]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I understand this singer was 85 when he appeared with Lady gaga. His singing and the song he I singing, “How do you keep the music playing” has to be one of the best ever.

As I listened I felt myself travel to a place of sentimental love, the kind that makes one come alive deep inside.

I am still a part of this kind of music. There no words that can explain the emotions I felt while he was singing, but when it was over I was not the same man.

A blessed musician John C.

#395215 - 10/27/14 12:50 PM Re: How Do You Keep The Music Playing [Re: bruno123]
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi John,

You explained that just like I felt too.

Walt

#395216 - 10/27/14 02:33 PM Re: How Do You Keep The Music Playing [Re: Walt Tenay]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony Bennett is among my many musical heroes. I only hope I can continue to be an entertainer as long as he has, but I know in my heart this will not happen. To me, music is something that gets into your soul and never, ever leaves. The song's ending tells it all, and you can see and hear the enthusiasm in Tony's voice. He loves what he does, and for those of us that have been on stage for many years, we love every minute of every performance. When I stop having fun and loving being on stage, I'll walk away from this business and tell myself this was one Hell of a ride, cowboy.

Thanks for the link,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (10/27/14 02:37 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#395228 - 10/28/14 07:51 AM Re: How Do You Keep The Music Playing [Re: Walt Tenay]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
A beautiful song and a beautiful rendition ...

I have my own story about this song: I was playing weekends in this nice Italian Restaurant, set up between the bar and one of the dining rooms ... There were a number of 'regulars' each week including one couple who asked me for this song, as it was 'their' song' ... This was back when I was playing a technics kn1000 which did not read midi files, so using the sequencer, I spent a week creating a full arrangement - French Horn, Strings, I had it all ... I made a special dedication for them the following week, and they said they 'loved it' ... I played it for them each week after that for several months, and barely got a 'thank you' ... and no, they never gave me a tip either ... after a while I played it more for me than for them, as I liked the arrangement I had made ...

#395264 - 10/29/14 11:39 AM Re: How Do You Keep The Music Playing [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I really like the Bennett version, but my favorite one id by Johnny Mathis, followed by Peabuau Bryson.

I play this piece most nights.

Make me feel humble and grateful that I was ever exposed so something so beautiful and moving.

And, hey, a thumbs up to Lady GaGa. Considerable talent and professionalism when you get past the silliness.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online