SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#394650 - 10/12/14 06:54 AM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I played a big Octoberfest gig last nite,....the German Beer was flowing big time in Steins,.....I enjoyed the great German food, Knackwurst, Sauerbraten, Wiener Schnitzel, Potato Pancakes, Apple Strudel, Blaukraut, Yummmy!!....but I only drank Water didn't want to take any chances driving home. A fun night for all!!

#394653 - 10/12/14 09:21 AM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: travlin'easy]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I only drink when I'm by myself or with someone. wink

Gary cool

That brought out a good chuckle ......Thanks Gary, I needed that. laugh2

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#394656 - 10/12/14 10:53 AM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I was never a drinker, disliked the taste of beer, and for a couple years drank mixed drinks "socially"..

During those two years, customer buying drinks for the band (me and my girl partner) were statis quote...

I finally got tired of accepting customer drinks, and it made no sense to me to drink..
October 1989, a waitress bought me a drink(her treat), and I told her that would be the last drink for ...ever..

To this date I refuse to drink booze, have no interest..

When I tell this story, folks always think I must have had a drinking problem, and went on the wagon.....furthest from the truth...I just never needed booze, or drugs(never)...
My sons are beer drinkers, and my daughters and wife will drink wine..........but I still refrain...

Now icecream, that's a different story..

Edited by Fran Carango (10/12/14 10:55 AM)

#394657 - 10/12/14 01:43 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
People are always coming up and sitting drinks on my console, which I quickly move to a safer location that's far enough away from the equipment to prevent accidental spills. Now, I'm not going to insult my customers by refusing a drink, and during the performance I may take a couple sips of ice-cold beer, or even a Margaretta, if offered. Getting blasted is something the kids do - not adults! I hope we're a lot smarter than that. If one beer, or one mixed drink, sipped during a 3 to 4-hour performance is sufficient to put you into the Twilight Zone, then by all means, you either have some sort of allergy to alcohol, or you're a drunk. Either way, you are the person that should not accept that gratuitous offering. I got blasted one time on a job - I was 18 years old and in Barcelona, Spain. After that one time, it never happened again and never will. So, yes, I will accept that kind offer of an ice cold beer or mixed drink, but it will likely take the entire night to consume it. smile

Bottom's up,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394659 - 10/12/14 01:55 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Usually, if someone insists on buying me a drink, I just ask for a bottle of Perrier.

Then, everyone's happy.

Ian

#394664 - 10/12/14 03:32 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: ianmcnll]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I usually decline the alcohol...saying I have a long drive home...and maybe accept a soft drink..

#394666 - 10/12/14 03:59 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
When I owned my own nightclub, lots of people bought me drinks. I couldn't refuse because the money was going to ME. I told the bartender to make me screwdrivers, but to hold her finger over the pour hole when she poured the vodka.
I know, it's a shady area, but I didn't want to insult my customers by refusing, and the club needed the income, and I wasn't going to drink the booze, so everybody won.
I even told some of my regulars what I was doing, but they said they didn't care!
Good old days! I played there, in my own place, six nights a week for about seven years.

#394667 - 10/12/14 04:32 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
... what Fran said. bluesbros My sax men have all been drinkers frown , the last one chased away the best girl singer ever. Had to fire another singer for drugs and alcohol and finally closed up the band. Much happier now that I'm a OMB.

Edited by cassp (10/12/14 04:33 PM)

#394668 - 10/12/14 05:20 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I usually don't drink when I am playing.Not that I don't want to, I simply don't have time.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#394669 - 10/12/14 06:23 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I think of it this way...if I was working in a music store, or any other job dealing with the public, I doubt very much if my employer would think it was okay if I had a few drinks during work hours.

Gigging is just being employed for your musical output; it's not a night out, and just because you work in a bar, doesn't give you permission to drink on the job, even if someone is buying them for you.

Ian

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online