SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#394624 - 10/11/14 12:31 PM Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........
Dnj Offline

I have seen many omb performers, bands, etc drinking their brains out during a gig on stage... surprised not to mention smoking while playing or keeping the cigarette in the top strings of a guitar. Well with the strict smoking laws in some states that vice is pretty much curtailed indoors,..but the drinking is getting worse and worse... people are blasted on stage in these bars, drinks on top of the amps, keyboards or whatever..and it's bad enough you have to play for drunks too !!

what the heck is going on out there......and then these people will drive home too with no concern about the consequences of getting arrested for DUI....gonna be a sad day when you have to walk to a gig pulling your rock and roller cart behind you to the job, or having someone drive you all the time and pic you up also. Only one drink is over the limit in most states!!.. I will admit years ago I was a big drinker, times and laws were different but no more,...I only drink water on a gig or mostly anywhere I go.
So are you a gig drinker ?

#394626 - 10/11/14 12:40 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
I have seen many omb performers, bands, etc drinking their brains out during a gig on stage... surprised not to mention smoking while playing or keeping the cigarette in the top strings of a guitar. Well with the strict smoking laws in some states that vice is pretty much curtailed indoors,..but the drinking is getting worse and worse... people are blasted on stage in these bars, drinks on top of the amps, keyboards or whatever..and it's bad enough you have to play for drunks too !!

what the heck is going on out there......and then these people will drive home too with no concern about the consequences of getting arrested for DUI....gonna be a sad day when you have to walk to a gig pulling your rock and roller cart behind you to the job, or having someone drive you all the time and pic you up also. Only one drink is over the limit in most states!!.. I will admit years ago I was a big drinker, times and laws were different but no more,...I only drink water on a gig or mostly anywhere I go.
So are you a gig drinker ?

Well, when i wear a youngermans shoes and still played in bands it took me half a bottle of JD to get the guts to get on stage.... It helped me a lot...

Its one of the reasons i decided that live music was not my thing....

Needles to say, we mostly played for free beer and drinks and had to make th emost of it... And comming from near Amsterdam, 7" long cigarets on most stages where part of the act too

I really dont think much has changed since then, most musicians still drink, and many still smoke.. If you think it was ever different? You must have been sleeping on the job...

Edited by Bachus (10/11/14 12:45 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#394627 - 10/11/14 12:42 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

These days I let my Music & the interaction between the audience make me high & it's a beautiful thing!

#394628 - 10/11/14 12:42 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I only drink when I'm by myself or with someone. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394631 - 10/11/14 12:59 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I don't drink or smoke or do drugs...been off them all for over 30 years. They became a major problem, so I quit.

I had played plenty of gigs under the influence, and I always thought it helped me play better...until, someone recorded the band one night...I was pretty awful.

Last year, at a dinner gig, one couple asked if they could buy me a drink, and I said, "No thanks, I'm allergic to alcohol."

"You are?"

"Yes," I said, "When I drink, I break out in spots!"

"You do?"

"Yes," I replied, very seriously, "Bars, legions, nightclubs, bootleggers, and occasionally, jail!"

Ian

#394633 - 10/11/14 01:06 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

#394634 - 10/11/14 01:30 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
What Ian said,exactly.

#394638 - 10/11/14 02:09 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Let me clarify a few things here about the worlds greatest invention - BEER!

http://vimeo.com/23278902

Enjoy,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394642 - 10/11/14 03:28 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't smoke or spit or chew, and I don't go with girls what do.

#394643 - 10/11/14 06:26 PM Re: Drinking Alcohol During a Performance........ [Re: Dnj]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
I don't drink on gigs. People don't pay you to see you get sloshed. Years ago I would drink on jobs and it usually didn't turn ou so well. Much better to sit down and relax with a drink after the show is over.

Joe drink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online