SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#394696 - 10/13/14 09:26 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: jimlaing]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: jimlaing
A couple of other things missing from the CVP-609: the Direct Access button (which on the Tyros line allows quick access to the 'right' page for controlling lots of things) ... and, the CVP-609 has no MultiPads. I miss those when I sit at a friend's CVP, when I'm used to having them on the Tyros.

-Jim

well, according to the source, if its on the Tyros 5, it will be on the new CVP, the pads he even used as an example... of tyros stuff appearing on the new CPP line... I assume the same goes for the direct access button, the button is just to amazing not to have.. You never ever have to think about where to find a setting...

Edited by Bachus (10/13/14 09:41 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#394716 - 10/13/14 01:44 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Another thing missing on the CVP-609 is the set up hard (actual) buttons for turning on and off Parts (Left, Right1, Right2) ... you have to be on the right page on the screen to do that. I like that on the Tyros, no matter what's on the screen, I can instantly control the L/R1/R2/R3 sounds on-off status while playing. That's missing on the CVP-609.

-Jim

#394899 - 10/17/14 05:56 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Are those CVP-709 specs (in the first note in this thread) something someone found printed or on-line somewhere as a "leak"? Or are they just a "wish list" of possible/desired features?

-Jim

#394907 - 10/17/14 07:11 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: jimlaing]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: jimlaing
Are those CVP-709 specs (in the first note in this thread) something someone found printed or on-line somewhere as a "leak"? Or are they just a "wish list" of possible/desired features?

-Jim

They are what one of the biggest Yamaha dealers in Europe told me, a friemd of the fammily, with insight information.... His source, was a Yamaha dealers meeting..

And by the way, people asking more about the upcomming MOTIF, There will be no more Motif name.... It will be called Yamaha Dawn

Edited by Bachus (10/17/14 07:13 AM)

#394916 - 10/17/14 08:28 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Dawn is a better name than Sunset ;-)
I think we should send an undercover journalist to spot a prototype...

#394917 - 10/17/14 08:29 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I am hoping Yamaha will make something revolutionary, or is that too much to ask.Motif was good, but just another rompler. Hopefully they'll revisit some old synthesis (vl, DX, an, fdsp).
I used to have ex5, and loved it.Best keys ever.But, seriously under powered. I am hoping Yamaha will do this the right way.Lately everything they do is watered down and half hearted. It's not ugly, but it's not pretty either.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#394933 - 10/17/14 03:14 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Dawn is a better name than Sunset ;-)
I think we should send an undercover journalist to spot a prototype...

Well, i think the name might allready reveal some of the functionallity..

#394934 - 10/17/14 03:15 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: mirza]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
I am hoping Yamaha will make something revolutionary, or is that too much to ask.Motif was good, but just another rompler. Hopefully they'll revisit some old synthesis (vl, DX, an, fdsp).
I used to have ex5, and loved it.Best keys ever.But, seriously under powered. I am hoping Yamaha will do this the right way.Lately everything they do is watered down and half hearted. It's not ugly, but it's not pretty either.

The ex5 lacked one thing, processor power... And thats exactly the thing that comes allmost for free these days..

#394939 - 10/17/14 03:53 PM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Let's not forget disc streaming.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#394973 - 10/18/14 03:03 AM Re: The new Yamaha topmodel.... Is a digital piano [Re: mirza]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
Let's not forget disc streaming.

Well, any next gen keyboard that does not support SSD streaming will be a disspointment...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online