SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#394483 - 10/09/14 06:33 AM How Much of YOUR Arranger KB DON'T You Use?
Dnj Offline

Honestly I would have to say at least 50% of the features &
75% of the sounds & on-board styles I never use. I just pick & choose out of all features within and only use what I need to perform and create music for my needs. If I record backing tracks or some studio work then I dig in a little more to use the editing tools available.
I know there is so much more inside and will probably never have a use for it, but if I don't really need what I seldom use although I know how. How about you?

keys

Edited by Dnj (10/09/14 06:58 AM)

#394486 - 10/09/14 07:11 AM Re: How Much of YOUR Arranger KB DON'T You Use? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I'd say I use a bit more than you do but as I learn new things it expands my ideas for future use. IE: Chord Sequencer. Never paid much attention to it but now I'm thinking of a way to use it when I want to focus on some audience participation.

#394489 - 10/09/14 07:32 AM Re: How Much of YOUR Arranger KB DON'T You Use? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I basically use some factory styles the rest third party for so many reasons.....I use about 20 GOTO sounds total...features Vocal processor for small gig setups otherwise I use FX in my Mixers,, VH2 very little, KB lyric readout very seldom when needed...otherwise my Laptop, Mp3 player again small gigs otherwise my Laptop, style creator to tweak and change parts, sounds, etc, Mixing console for EQ, etc,..that's basically it as the S950 and mostly all of the arrangers out today don't have what I personally need navigationaly on-board at this time that would make me use more of its features.....each company makes something the other doesn't have & believe me I've tried almost all of them.....so you weigh YOUR needs and with some good "workarounds" choose your instrument and go play it! I hope things change quick while I'm still on this earth....
just sayin"

Edited by Dnj (10/09/14 07:37 AM)

#394490 - 10/09/14 07:59 AM Re: How Much of YOUR Arranger KB DON'T You Use? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I use 100 percent of the features on the G70..there is nothing that I avoid...everything works as I would expect, and what it does, it does as well as I get from the laptop..

Sure there are styles I do not use, I am not interested in Trance, Rap or a lot of ethic styles...They don't fit my needs..

I can't think of a single feature I do not use when needed..
It could be the sequencer, harmonizer,guitar mode,singer key range,effects both for instruments and master,drawbars, synth editing, separate outs,crossfades,and velocity switching,3 zone splits,SMF with markers,all editing tools (make up and cover, eq,etc),expansion boards (SRX), USB for transfer of data and also USB midi..External storage,Playlist,style list, Program (user)list, search features for SMF,Style and User program...Song indexes,...D-beam for controls and sounds..
All 76 keys..Left hand bass, slash chord, Full piano mode...Accompanient "off" buttons..

Like I said..I use everything..why not, I know I have them...and they work, and work great..

#394491 - 10/09/14 08:11 AM Re: How Much of YOUR Arranger KB DON'T You Use? [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

I use everything atleast once.... And try to figure out how to use all features.... But some for some styles i can never find a song to play with them... And while i assume i havent used all sounds as solo parts, i asume i used most of them in styles

But since i dont sing, the one thing i never use myself is the vocal harmoniser

http://keyszone.boards.net

#394492 - 10/09/14 08:27 AM Re: How Much of YOUR Arranger KB DON'T You Use? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
I use 100 percent of the features on the G70..there is nothing that I avoid...everything works as I would expect, and what it does, it does as well as I get from the laptop..

Sure there are styles I do not use, I am not interested in Trance, Rap or a lot of ethic styles...They don't fit my needs..

I can't think of a single feature I do not use when needed..
It could be the sequencer, harmonizer,guitar mode,singer key range,effects both for instruments and master,drawbars, synth editing, separate outs,crossfades,and velocity switching,3 zone splits,SMF with markers,all editing tools (make up and cover, eq,etc),expansion boards (SRX), USB for transfer of data and also USB midi..External storage,Playlist,style list, Program (user)list, search features for SMF,Style and User program...Song indexes,...D-beam for controls and sounds..
All 76 keys..Left hand bass, slash chord, Full piano mode...Accompanient "off" buttons..

Like I said..I use everything..why not, I know I have them...and they work, and work great..

Fran with all those great features your describing why is it that more people aren't still using the G70 anymore?, age?, features?....
I had one as you know wink ...I enjoyed it for a while,....but certain things just didn't fit my needs,...and that is aside from how heavy it was surprised The Bk series I had the Bk5 wink is no match for the G70 IMO...Roland really dropped the ball not making a TOTL lighter version updated version of the G70 with a touch screen and all the newer features the G70 didn't have back in the day..buy hey to each his own...we all do it different Pro or Home Player. keys

#394493 - 10/09/14 08:30 AM Re: How Much of YOUR Arranger KB DON'T You Use? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
I use everything atleast once.... And try to figure out how to use all features.... But some for some styles i can never find a song to play with them... And while i assume i havent used all sounds as solo parts, i asume i used most of them in styles

I'm not saying I never tried everything on-board at least once, but if it don't fit into MY needs I'm done with it and move on,.....also if something comes out to market that can do it for me BETTER I certainly will get it and continue my musical journey!
Nuff Said! cool2

#394494 - 10/09/14 08:33 AM Re: How Much of YOUR Arranger KB DON'T You Use? [Re: Bachus]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I use drum patterns and drum breaks. I use right hand internal sounds 40% of the time. I use automatic bass line about 50% of the time, after a free-hand intro, using manual bass.

This is more reflective of my style than the equipment. Lead lines are from a 2nd (or third) keyboard.

R.

#394495 - 10/09/14 08:44 AM Re: How Much of YOUR Arranger KB DON'T You Use? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Bachus

I'm not saying I never tried everything on-board at least once, but if it don't fit into MY needs I'm done with it and move on,.....also if something comes out to market that can do it for me BETTER I certainly will get it and continue my musical journey!
Nuff Said! cool2

Now you start to sound like that grumpy friend of mine that only uses the same ten right hand sounds time after time... Because according to him, they are the best...

Personally i prefer playing with the not so usefull stuff untill it fits my needs...
Needless to say, that we obviously are two very different abusers of our keys

http://keyszone.boards.net

#394496 - 10/09/14 08:54 AM Re: How Much of YOUR Arranger KB DON'T You Use? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Now you start to sound like that grumpy friend of mine that only uses the same ten right hand sounds time after time... Because according to him, they are the best...

Grumpy? hardly my friend...I always think of my arranger as my band on stage ....6 or 7 pieces.....
which becomes 6 or 7 sounds playing together,........that said those 6 or 7 sounds are almost always the same but they are great 6 or 7 sounds keys Plus add lead vocals & harmony that creates the live band sound for my needs,... although for certain songs I'll throw in a few more to create the mood.... I can do anything with my 10 or so solo RH goto and 30 styles, no need for all the others in my world..

less is more.

Edited by Dnj (10/09/14 08:57 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online