SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39439 - 09/15/03 05:00 AM OT:Organ Discussion Groups
waightkl Offline

Loc: Swindon, UK
Apologies to those who have spotted that I posted this on the Arranger k/brd forum as well, but I know there are those who only access one forum. My question is this:

I know this forum is primarily for Keyboard and synth users but does anyone know of a similar sort of thing for organ users ?. I know a lot of the more experienced keyboard users have came into them from an organ background so perhaps there may be someone who can help me to help out a relative. I have just been visiting my aunt who is the proud owner of a Technics SX-EX70 2 manual organ. The official Technics manual is even less useful than the one for my KN6500 and that is bad enough !. She loves playing the organ, but is finding the technicalities of the instrument a bit beyond her and is having a hard time finding anyone who can help here to understand the beast. What would be ideal would be someone knowledgeable, a local club that she could make contact with, or even a book written in plain English about the instrument. Aunty lives in North Belfast ( Northern Ireland ) and there doesnt appear to be very much of a tradition in the province of organ playing beyond the religious side in churches. I can forward any advice or thoughts that you good people may have on the subject.
Thanks in anticipation

Keith

#39440 - 09/15/03 06:16 AM Re: OT:Organ Discussion Groups
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you go to www.organfax.co.uk you will find a list of 'Clubs & Societies' and if you go to the main listing you will that there is an Organ Society listed there as the 'Northern Ireland Organ Society' and the Telephone No:. They may be able to help you

All the best
Pete B.

#39441 - 09/15/03 06:40 AM Re: OT:Organ Discussion Groups
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Hi

Have your aunt go to Yahoo and look for discussion groups. There are several organ groups and some are specific to brands. I think you may find some kindred spirits there. There is also a Theater organ and a Pipeorg list to join I do not know the exact URLs at the moment but If you are interested Email me and I will find them for you.

Jerry

#39442 - 09/16/03 12:55 AM Re: OT:Organ Discussion Groups
waightkl Offline

Loc: Swindon, UK
Thanks to Jerry and Pete for the advice.

My post on the main arranger forum yielded similar advice and it does look as if the organfax site may be able to help.

Aunty had a little "dabble" with keyboards a while back, but her first love is still organs. She's in her 70's now and while she is a good musician the complexities of modern instruments are proving difficult for her. The organfax site looks very interesting and there does appear to be an organ group in Northern Ireland so perhaps she can make a contact there. Thanks for the advice guys - much appreciated.

Keith

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online