SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#394356 - 10/07/14 09:09 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

I don't have a cellphone and I don't want one. I get along fine without being tethered to one of those things.

#394357 - 10/07/14 09:32 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

It's amazing in this day and high tech age to read how others use or don't use devices in their daily lives, I can also do my whole show just from my phone as all my backing tracks, lyrics, and Mp3 songs are on board just in case cool2 ....another thing I often do is when I get a weird request not in my collection I can look it up on youtube insteantly on my phone at the gig and play it right off the phone thru my PA system AWESOME!! and my client or guest is happy that I did their off the wall request wink ......great thread.

sorry gotta run my phone is ringing again!!.......

Edited by Dnj (10/07/14 09:44 AM)

#394358 - 10/07/14 09:32 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: 124]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: 124
I don't have a cellphone and I don't want one. I get along fine without being tethered to one of those things.

Me neither...never needed one that badly.

Since retirement, all I have on my regular portable home phone is call display...no answering machine.

If I had call answer and someone leaves a message, I'm sort of obligated to call back.

This way, unless the name displayed is someone I know, I never return the calls...one of the other joys of retirement is having, and giving myself, much more control over how I spend my time.

Ian

#394361 - 10/07/14 09:47 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Some of you guys are just too bus....... crap. Hold on.

#394362 - 10/07/14 10:06 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: ianmcnll]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: 124

Me neither...never needed one that badly.

Since retirement, all I have on my regular portable home phone is call display...no answering machine.

If I had call answer and someone leaves a message, I'm sort of obligated to call back.

This way, unless the name displayed is someone I know, I never return the calls...one of the other joys of retirement is having, and giving myself, much more control over how I spend my time.

Ian

LOL! Nailed it, Ian. Must be the peaceful, unhurried pace of life in our northern paradise. rocker

#394364 - 10/07/14 10:34 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Stop everything, answer the phone (over the mic) and tell the audience it's from the President, then hang up on him.
smile

I would love the President to call me , when I am on stage...I would explain it's not really gigging...it's more like entertaining.....and we look at it as just a small audience , like a JV group........than I would hang up on him grin

#394365 - 10/07/14 10:44 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
billyhank Offline

I have one, but like Gary, I turn it on when I want to use it and I never give that number out to anyone except immediate family.

I bought it for in the car traveling only.

#394366 - 10/07/14 10:48 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I place it in my equipment bag the whole performance.

It is a very disruptive device, that prevents me from performing with 100% efficiency for my audience, and the people that are paying me.

Jerryghr

#394367 - 10/07/14 10:53 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerryghr

It is a very disruptive device, that prevents me from performing with 100% efficiency for my audience, and the people that are paying me.
Jerryghr

Look out there once in a while you'll see that same audience on their cell phones also.. wink

#394368 - 10/07/14 11:00 AM Re: Phone Calls During a Performance...... [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Jerryghr

Jerryghr

Look out there once in a while you'll see that same audience on their cell phones also.. wink

I can honestly say I've rarely seen anyone on a cell phone while performing. The are really discreet or they take it out of the room where they can talk in private, besides they are not getting paid to entertain... We are. I would consider it very rude to the audience for me to be on a cell phone while performing.

Edited by Jerryghr (10/07/14 11:02 AM)

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online