SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#394400 - 10/07/14 05:52 PM Re: Songstyles or generalstyles... [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, I sure wish I could help, but all the song specific styles I have on hand are Yamaha. I know they can be converted with EMC Styleworks, but I'm betting it would be a lot of work to tweak and tune them to sound good on your machine. Maybe Fran C can provide some more insight on this.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (10/07/14 05:54 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394407 - 10/08/14 02:48 AM Re: Songstyles or generalstyles... [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Bill
I am thinking of getting a BK-9 to compliment my S910, mainly for the drawbars.

I would like to pick up a used one, but probably will have to wait until Roland brings out a successor.

How are you liking it.
Bernie

#394408 - 10/08/14 03:10 AM Re: Songstyles or generalstyles... [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Bill
I am thinking of getting a BK-9 to compliment my S910, mainly for the drawbars.

I would like to pick up a used one, but probably will have to wait until Roland brings out a successor.

How are you liking it.
Bernie

yamaha and roland is a good combination, the sounds add to eachother...

However its not that hard to find a used Bk9, i have seen several available on this forum.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#394410 - 10/08/14 03:19 AM Re: Songstyles or generalstyles... [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
To those with BK-9 keyboards...

Regarding the BK-9...I have had several queries on it as well, and one I have been unable to answer is about the Chord Sequencer's inability to change keys (transpose) while in use.

Any updates on this issue, and has it been fixed or addressed?

Ian

#394414 - 10/08/14 06:50 AM Re: Songstyles or generalstyles... [Re: Bachus]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Bernie

I really am happy with the BK9. It allowed me to scale down my keyboards, mostly because of the very good Hammond sounds. It does all I want for preformance . And its light. Took some time to figure a few things out but I think I've got it under control now. Creating my own Styles is a project for the winter

Ian
I've never really used the Chord Sequencer in live action. Played around with it at home but never attempted a key change while its active. I will give it a try when I get out to the studio and let you know.

#394417 - 10/08/14 06:53 AM Re: Songstyles or generalstyles... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks Bill

Good to hear.

#394420 - 10/08/14 07:09 AM Re: Songstyles or generalstyles... [Re: Bill Lewis]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis

Ian
I've never really used the Chord Sequencer in live action. Played around with it at home but never attempted a key change while its active. I will give it a try when I get out to the studio and let you know.

Thanks Bill. I thought the implementation of a Chord Sequencer was an excellent addition to a very nice arranger, but several people have told me the CS does not transpose while playing.

To some, this will be a major crippling of a terrific idea, as it is nice (and very effective) to be able to do a key modulation either before or after a solo.

To others, it may not matter very much at all.

It would matter to me.

Perhaps all it will take is just an OS update to put things right.

I agree about the BK-9's Hammond sounds (and drawbars)...very authentic sound, and great positioning of the 'bars.

Another quick question, can the rotary speaker be pre or post other effects?

Ian

#394421 - 10/08/14 07:12 AM Re: Songstyles or generalstyles... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Is there a Vocal processor or Vocal Harmonizer on the BK9?

#394425 - 10/08/14 07:50 AM Re: Songstyles or generalstyles... [Re: ianmcnll]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis

Ian

Thanks Bill. I thought the implementation of a Chord Sequencer was an excellent addition to a very nice arranger, but several people have told me the CS does not transpose while playing.

Ian

Just ran a test of the Chord Sequencer. No key change, sorry. Funny but you can use the key change for evertyhing else. Styles of course, SMF's, and MP3's
As far as the Leslie, I'll have to do another check. I really haven't gotten that much into the Organs section yet as I don't use a lot of Organ sounds in my live work. Mostly just for me to jam with or if I sit in with a band.

To some, this will be a major crippling of a terrific idea, as it is nice (and very effective) to be able to do a key modulation either before or after a solo.

To others, it may not matter very much at all.

It would matter to me.

Perhaps all it will take is just an OS update to put things right.

I agree about the BK-9's Hammond sounds (and drawbars)...very authentic sound, and great positioning of the 'bars.

Another quick question, can the rotary speaker be pre or post other effects?

Ian

#394426 - 10/08/14 07:54 AM Re: Songstyles or generalstyles... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Is there a Vocal processor or Vocal Harmonizer on the BK9?

No, its not

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online