SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#393903 - 09/28/14 03:57 PM INVITATION / SCOTT REED
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Greetings, Everyone!

It has been a long time (years) since I visited or posted on the forum. Thought I would check things out and I see that the forum is still alive and well. Nice to see so many long time members still posting. Audrey, I read that you have had some health issues. I hope you have fully recovered and continue to have good health. You have been a long-time contributor to the forum and an important part of the forum.

I am still using the KN7000 and wouldn't dream of using any other keyboard. To me, it is the greatest keyboard ever made and it has all that I need to perform my music.

I am enclosing a link to one of my all time favorite songs, "Invitation." I used to play and sing this when I was featured nightly in New York and in San Francisco. In fact, I did it on my first CD as a vocal and done with a bossanova arrangement. What I am sending is quite different than anything that I have done. Generally, I do big band/jazz vocal music. I did another CD of this type music a couple of years ago called, "Down Memory Lane." Anyway, this rendition is done in a classical style with a symphonic arrangement and I added a movie soundtrack type theme to it. It is played in pianist mode and I hope you enjoy it. It will be available for download for ONE WEEK. Here it is:

http://www.garnetrecords.com/Invitation.mp3

Good health and happiness to all. Keep on playing fine music with your KN keyboards.

All the best,

Scott Reed

#393907 - 09/28/14 05:52 PM Re: INVITATION / SCOTT REED [Re: nsr007]
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Hi Scott,

This is so cool! Your piano playing is brilliant as well as the fine arrangement behind your playing. And to think you did this on the KN7000. Bravo! I had a couple of questions to ask you and your email was kicked back. I went to your website and sent them there. I hope you get them. Thanks for posting this song. It takes a good musician to play it. I had the music years ago and had difficulty getting through it. There were sharp, flat and at times, natural signs in chords that had eight and nine notes in them in measures. I especially liked the change of harmony you did in the middle of the song when playing piano only. In fact, I liked it better than the original harmony you used in the beginning and the end.

Regards,

Mark

#393909 - 09/28/14 07:48 PM Re: INVITATION / SCOTT REED [Re: nsr007]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Norman Scott Reed . . . Yes, it has been a long time. I hope your visit with us will be pleasant this time. Would be great to have one of your performances done in Technics format that could be played in a KN7000 rather than an MP3 . . . Maybe you could put a Technics file on your site for us to download.

#394528 - 10/09/14 06:20 PM Re: INVITATION / SCOTT REED [Re: Bob Hendershot]
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Why Bobbie! You remembered my full name! I'm impressed. Firstly, I have never bothered to learn how to send files. This also applies to downloading Midi. I never use other people's ideas. Anyway, sending something I did for you to bring up in your keyboard, you could say you did it. This is comparable to if Rembrandt were alive and painted a masterpiece and said, "Hey, Bobbie. Sign your name to this painting and take credit for it." Anyway, I plan on selling it as a single soon. I paid the Harry Fox Agency that collects royalties giving me permission to do so.

Happy playing,

Scott

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online