SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#393730 - 09/24/14 02:44 PM Used 2 Bose L1 compacts last night
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Hey guys last night I did a concert show at laguna woods in so cal. I was headliner there was another act playing dance music before and after me. Normally they set up on the side of stage but this time he was in the middle of the stage so he had to poss re set all his gear so I could to my 1 hour show
After our conversation we agreed that he would stay set on stage and I do my show in front of stage. Ok by me because I am all over the room engaging the audience anyway. So now he asked if I wanted to set up thru his 2 L1 compacts units he had set up. I thought I would like to give it a go. Pretty big room. And prob 400 people waiting to be entertained

Well I was blown away by the Bose system. I came out of my Tyros 5 left to one and right to the other. And off I went. Very full sound it filled the room even the sound tech said it sounded so full he just backed off the house system. I ran a steroid DI and sent him the aux feed from my T5. But did not need for it. Now I got to figure out if I want to go in this direction. I got the yamaha dxr12 and dsr15 subs. Too heavy for me to move. Keep the Dxr and dump the DSR subs. Also QSC k 8. Along with the Bose might be the killer set up. Running my mackie pro 8 or pro 12 mixers. Only thing is how they. Bose. Will perform in out door situation. Concert in park open areas. But for one night I was very impressed. And the audience where very pleased with sound as well. It seemed to light up the T5. Your thoughts. Ron.

#393731 - 09/24/14 02:51 PM Re: Used 2 Bose L1 compacts last night [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Personally I'd definitly keep what you have, ...but what do I know?....
I'll duck now.. coffee

#393732 - 09/24/14 02:58 PM Re: Used 2 Bose L1 compacts last night [Re: musicforyourday]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
This has been kicked around for years here. The vast majority of people who use Bose love them.
Some people seem to have a need to lug heavier gear around. smile

#393735 - 09/24/14 03:19 PM Re: Used 2 Bose L1 compacts last night [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Or maybe some people don't like them regardless of the weight factor ... wink ...
I will be filling in for a friend of mine in October and will be using his BOSE set up ... I love the way it fills the room, but I DO have to eq the highs down a bit ...

#393738 - 09/24/14 03:47 PM Re: Used 2 Bose L1 compacts last night [Re: musicforyourday]
rosetree
Unregistered

The DXR are certainly great and probably more powerful in some situations, but I would definitely get rid of the DSR subwoofers (but that's my personal taste, I always have something against too much bass...)

#393741 - 09/24/14 04:06 PM Re: Used 2 Bose L1 compacts last night [Re: musicforyourday]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ron, I've only done a couple concerts in the park with a pair of L1 Compacts - they filled the park with clear, crisp sounds, and people were dancing a football field length away. Now, I didn't go out there to see what the falloff was at that distance, but at about 75 feet, it was imperceptible, and the bottom end was more than sufficient. I did the same job with a single, standard L1 a few years ago and it did an awesome job. There was another guy that came to the park the following week with a pair of big Mackies and you could barely hear him at the far end of the park. And, it took two big guys to put those Mackies on poles.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#393751 - 09/24/14 06:13 PM Re: Used 2 Bose L1 compacts last night [Re: musicforyourday]
musicforyourday Offline

I think I will get rid of the DSR subs just too big to move around. I not getting rid of the Dxr 12 and my K 8 By the way the K 8 pound for pound best speaker out there.

I am interested in looking into the Bose system if I can afford it the L 1 2 is the best unit with 1 sub and add a mixer to round it all out. The middle unit has 12 speakers per side and more power then the L1 compact. But I also like the easy set up of the L 1 compact and the the way the L 1 can be used with out the poles as well. I have good stuff already Always looking to improve. RJ

#393756 - 09/24/14 08:32 PM Re: Used 2 Bose L1 compacts last night [Re: musicforyourday]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You will like some of the Yamaha lead sounds far better if you use two units and run in stereo, as you did already. Many of the Yamaha voices are designed to be heard in stereo with effects added to enhance them.

#393767 - 09/25/14 05:39 AM Re: Used 2 Bose L1 compacts last night [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Many of the Yamaha voices are designed to be heard in stereo with effects added to enhance them.

This is a statement I will totally agree with all the way Don. keys

#393791 - 09/25/14 10:29 AM Re: Used 2 Bose L1 compacts last night [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Donny how do you like the Ev sub you are using I have had it recomended by some people here is is small enough to move around easy I have 2 K8 and 2 DXR12 it looks like i could run both speakers to the sub it look like 2 inputs how does it sound does it make a difference I am looking to sell my DSR Subs and go lighter . RJ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online