SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#393521 - 09/21/14 12:22 PM XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards
Dnj Offline

headphone

#393524 - 09/21/14 03:16 PM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
nice candidat for vArranger smile

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#393528 - 09/21/14 04:27 PM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: DAN.2000]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000

The hammond sounds so guttsy keys ....& I for one would love to see a demo of that too Dan... headphone

Edited by Dnj (09/21/14 04:41 PM)

#393535 - 09/21/14 11:28 PM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

It would make a great mix, as would the audya 4...

I however do prefer the Nord C2D, which is an awesome beast to this hammond..

Perfect setup for Varranger however would be Orla swiftkey with roland integra 7 ,,,,.....
Thats something i would love to see you testing Dan...

Edited by Bachus (09/21/14 11:29 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#393537 - 09/22/14 02:57 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

I don't know if this Hammond has velocity keys....

The Orla Jamkey seems to be a dream smile http://jamkey.net/

Not sure if we can control the leds of it like I have done with korg nanokontrol 2 and Novation SLMKII

I have tested integra 7 and was not so impressed about it.

Now I tend to prefer to play with 100% virtual instruments.

Dan

#393538 - 09/22/14 03:40 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: DAN.2000]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO

I think you are on the right track here.

The use of more and more powerful computers, the touch screens and the virtual instruments makes the future. Keep all (or as much as possible) in the software realm will make your product actual, flexible, efficient.

What VI would you recommend to use with vArranger (beside the NI Products)? Could be the new SampleTank 3 a good choice? Did you get the chance to test it with this?

#393539 - 09/22/14 03:40 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: DAN.2000]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Well, I guess that takes care of the argument against vArranger that you have to buy a module as well as the program

#393541 - 09/22/14 04:15 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Before, virtual instruments were possibles, but we need to setup a virtual midi cable, and a VST host ...

Now it is even simpler, as vArranger includes a VST HOST with ASIO/WASAPI low latency output. It also includes a powerful virtual instrument that can load SoundFonts samples.

Now, I tend to prefer to use the included synth with soundfonts for the accomp parts, because I am sure of his behaviour. It is full GM2 compliant. It reacts perfectly to program changes. Most of VST instruments are not 100% GM compatible.

I reserve the big VST instruments for my Right hand solo voices, that can be controlled from vArranger

This is something recent in vArranger, and I still discovering all what can be done, but ... WOW !

I don't want to go hardware anymore

Dan

#393542 - 09/22/14 05:42 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: DAN.2000]
Dnj Offline

Before, virtual instruments were possibles, but we need to setup a virtual midi cable, and a VST host ...

Now it is even simpler, as vArranger includes a VST HOST with ASIO/WASAPI low latency output. It also includes a powerful virtual instrument that can load SoundFonts samples.

Now, I tend to prefer to use the included synth with soundfonts for the accomp parts, because I am sure of his behaviour. It is full GM2 compliant. It reacts perfectly to program changes. Most of VST instruments are not 100% GM compatible.

I reserve the big VST instruments for my Right hand solo voices, that can be controlled from vArranger

This is something recent in vArranger, and I still discovering all what can be done, but ... WOW !

I don't want to go hardware anymore

Dan do you have NEW Video demos of vArranger being "Set Up" and in full use in live play ?

#393544 - 09/22/14 05:51 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: adimatis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: adimatis

I think you are on the right track here.

The use of more and more powerful computers, the touch screens and the virtual instruments makes the future. Keep all (or as much as possible) in the software realm will make your product actual, flexible, efficient.

What VI would you recommend to use with vArranger (beside the NI Products)? Could be the new SampleTank 3 a good choice? Did you get the chance to test it with this?
. If you have the latest version of NI komplete, or just Kontakt, then sample tank does not add much, it has the almost the same function as Kontakt, ...

If you want something special and stellar sounding, i can only advise people to go for Komplete Ultimate, which is the perfect startout for any virtuall setup... And the build from there..

Pianteq ..... For perfect piano sound, expandable with just about any major piano sound
Omnsphere .... The best sounding VST with several different synthesis
alchemy, zebra2, blue 2 if you like realtime controllable synthesizers
Or have a look at the arturia synth packs, they have emulations of almost all great analog synths from the past..

And if you want to improve your acoustic sounds, EWQL range of instrument packs is also a great way to go, probably the best acoustic instruments in the world..

And if you like churchorgans, then Hauptwerk is a must

And then there is VST effects, you want to invest in a good set of effects, there is so much going here, and they will hugely improve your sound...

But so far, its komplete ultimate, that gives you allmost everything you will ever need, not the best, but quite a bit better then most hardware synths and arrangers

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online