SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#39361 - 02/07/04 03:28 PM Re: KN2600 to Tyros MIDI question.
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Hi Bebop
Just noticed your post. I used to use a 9000pro to control a KN1500 with no problems so you should not have any with the 9000 and KN7000.
At one time a few years ago I had up to 6 keyboards midi'ed together without any tuition and only one or two of them blew up !! It almost certainly accounts for my rapidly declining mental faculties but at least now I don't have to arrive at gigs 3 hours before I'm due to start.

All the best
Trevor

#39362 - 02/07/04 06:09 PM Re: KN2600 to Tyros MIDI question.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Trevor

I've read your answers several times, and being a complete novice at this midi game, I am thinking we may be talking about the left hand voice in a different way.

I take it that you are referring to my being able to use a Tyros sound that I can hold or sustain with the backround going. I think I know that can be done.

But, I am not clear on the part I am really asking which is probably not the clearest way to word it.

In other words I want to switch back and forth or mix styles from the two keyboards like you do, BUT most importantly to me, when I play the left hand built in styles from the 2600 while keying them from the Tyros, I want to use, let's say for example,the following sounds from the Tyros: the Standard Drum Kit sound, the Acoustic Bass sound, the Mellow Grand Piano, Jazz Guitar, Sweet Tenor sax and Sweet Trumpet sounds playing each of those sounds within the appropriate parts of the Technics accompaniment parts as automatically programmed on the 2600.

So it's about the 2600 styles being keyed from the Tyros, BUT ALL of the individual voices in the 2600 sounding several different Tyros voices all at the same time according to there indiviual programming within each specific style. (whew, kind of wordy questions. I'll have to check tomorrow to see if I really knew what I said here.)

Excuse my lack of understanding here. I suspect, with the next reply we'll both be sure we know what I am trying to ask. You may already know this, but for me this is kind of like learning a new language.

As far as the MIDI cord with an on/off switch, is that something that is available on the market or did you have to have that custom made?

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge with a MIDI illiterate.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 02-07-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 02-07-2004).]

#39363 - 02/07/04 06:31 PM Re: KN2600 to Tyros MIDI question.
Scott Langholff Offline

Hi John

You certainly have a lot of good ideas about keyboard playing. I really appreciate your thoughts.

As far as recording a number of measures in the Multi-Pad, I am not sure. I think I saw some answers on threads concerning that at SVPworld.com , psrtutorials.com , and/or the Yahoo Yamaha PSR Styles forum.

I think it can be done. I hardly mess with the Multi-Pads, but when things settle down, it sounds like it is worth it for me to investigate using some of your ideas. I really like your idea there, it would really be like having your own custom version of backround add-ons to suit your own tast and needs. I never thought about putting in as much as a 12 bar blues progression in, but I can see a lot of possibilities here.

Thanx for the input John.

Best
Scott

#39364 - 02/07/04 06:42 PM Re: KN2600 to Tyros MIDI question.
Scott Langholff Offline

Hi John

If you go to any of those sites I mentioned including the General Arranger forum here on Synthzone, (a lot of Yamaha talk there), and type Multi Pads into search, I think you will find an understandable answer to your question here.

Scott

#39365 - 02/09/04 03:45 PM Re: KN2600 to Tyros MIDI question.
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Hi again Scott,

I think what you are trying to say is that you wish to apply Tyros voices within the Technics styles either on top of or instead of the inbuilt Technics voices. I am afraid that I can't answer that one as it is not something I have ever tried to do.
I have only had the current keyboards since December and have not yet got further than linking them and combining the registration voices for fuller sounds. I think you would need to talk to a real expert like Alex to find whether what you wish to do is possible.
I do not think that you can buy a midi lead with an integral switch. I have simply broken into the lead, cut the wire connecting the two centre pins and inserted an extra piece of cable passing through a simple on-off switch. That does the trick.

All the best
Trevor

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online