SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#393468 - 09/20/14 02:28 AM GM voice always playing in the background
PatSar63 Offline

Loc: France
Hi Guys,

I have a persistent issue with my AjamSonic Audya4 connected to my V-accordion Roland FR-8x.
Each time I change a voice, I can hear the new sound but it is mixed with the last GM sound which have been selected before. The last GM sound is always sounding even I change to a Preset or program or Ram/Ins voice.
I believed the 2voice was activated but it is not.

I released the Ram/Ins memory. But no effect. Has somebody get the same issue or does someone know the workaround ?

Thanks in advance - Patrick

#393486 - 09/20/14 11:09 AM Re: GM voice always playing in the background [Re: PatSar63]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi Patrick,

what MIDI-Channels is the FR-8x sending and what (MIDI)-Setting do you use in your Audya ?
It looks like in the "RX" section 2 "AUDYA-Voices" are listening to the same channel... ( or the FR-8x is sending at 2 different channels at the same time ).

I assume you´re talking about sounds of "right-Hand" ( Diskant ) of the FR-8x. Or do you mean bass or chords ?

#393489 - 09/20/14 12:10 PM Re: GM voice always playing in the background [Re: Snoopy]
PatSar63 Offline

Yes, I speak about the right hand sounds. Everything is perfect with others voices or arranger.
The right hand is sent on channel 1, the chord on channel 2 and the bass on channel 3.

As I wanted to be more accurate in my description of the issue, I made several tests :
- I used 3 different accordions => same behaviour (but same channels...)
- Finally, I replace the current AjamSonic HDD with my previous hard disk of the regualar Audya => no more issue. Thus, I consider that the issue is not an hardware problem but specific to the Ajam HDD.

I will modify my channels to check whether your idea is good or not. I'll keep you informed. Thanks for your help.
Regards _ Patrick

#393498 - 09/21/14 12:51 AM Re: GM voice always playing in the background [Re: PatSar63]
PatSar63 Offline

Hi,

I've just tried changing the channels used for the right hand, the bass and the chord : Always the same issue. The channels don't seem to be implicated in this issue.

Has somebody another idea ?
Patrick

#393500 - 09/21/14 01:59 AM Re: GM voice always playing in the background [Re: PatSar63]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi Patrick,

I really should connect my FR-3x to my Auda5... planned it a few months ago but had no time for it...

If it works with the original HD it could be different midi-settings in the Audya...

Which (Audya4) preset do you use ? General, Accordion 1 / 2 ??

#393505 - 09/21/14 05:19 AM Re: GM voice always playing in the background [Re: Snoopy]
PatSar63 Offline

Great thanks Snoopy,

No more issue and you guessed absolutely the root cause.
As I changes the channels, I was fixed on CHannel 2 (because I didn't read precisely enough your answer). But this morning, I came back in the Midi settings menu and I found out the Voices/GM page. I believed I never went on this page but obviously I did. I delete CH1 on the first line and that's it.
I want to thank you again : I didn't used the right hand sound for several weeks because of that.

Now I know that this midi settings page exists, maybe there are useful features to be used. Could you explain to me what the roles of those settings and some examples of what could be interesting here ?

Regards - Patrick

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online