SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#39326 - 07/28/06 06:05 AM Re: Correct Setting of My KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Buddy,
I had a quick listen to the 5k soul rock on the 7k and could not really hear the problem, but I no longer have a 5k to compare it with. Vars 1 and 2 need a little care with timing because of the syncopated rhythm, but as soon as the snare comes in on var3 it's very easy. You don't say where you got your versions from but if you leave your email address I can send my versions of the rhythms you are interested in for comparison

#39327 - 07/28/06 03:07 PM Re: Correct Setting of My KN7000
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hi Willum

Thanks for those helpful suggestions. I do not own any SD card. may be I shall invest in that sometime in the future. Technicsplayer has promised to send me the styles, I believe in floppies to make it easy for me to load onto my KN7. When receive them, I shall certainly follow the instructions on how to tweak them and be able to load them into Customs for my use. I also visited your site and there are very interesting stuff there too.

Thanks for everything.

Buddy

#39328 - 07/28/06 03:26 PM Re: Correct Setting of My KN7000
Buddy Offline

Hi Technicsplayer

Thank you for taking time to consider the issue that I raised. A very important observation that you made is the point about timing. That is a problem that I have observed with some of the preset rhythms in KN7 and a some others transferred from other previous version eg. the KN5000 (the var 1 & 2 timing in the Soul Rock which you observed is one good example). You said it is because of the syncopated rhythm. If I choose to play on either var 1 or var 2 of that rhythm, do you have any suggestion on how to deal with and correct and straighten the timing.

In addition, I'll be glad if you would send me the KN5000 styles. If you have the time to include instructions on how I can correctly load them into Custom,it will be appreciated. There were quite some very good styles in the KN6 series. If you have them and can email same also to me, that will be great. My email address is kayskwed@btinternet.com.

Thanks and Regards

Buddy

#39329 - 07/29/06 03:31 AM Re: Correct Setting of My KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Buddy,
files are sent. I could have sent all customs but you would have to re-arrange them yourself so sent floppy disks. Servers baulk at exe files in zips nowadays so unzip and rename each of the 10 disks exe. Then just double click each with a blank floppy loaded and follow the pop up.

Each style has the first 4 panel memories as start points. To copy to custom press Program Menus, Composer, Custom Style Copy, the default direction is composer to custom, just dial up a custom slot number and press OK. Once in custom you can press Music Style Arranger and the Variation buttons will change the preset registrations.

Quote:
Originally posted by Buddy:
If I choose to play on either var 1 or var 2 of that rhythm, do you have any suggestion on how to deal with and correct and straighten the timing.

practise?

#39330 - 08/01/06 12:55 PM Re: Correct Setting of My KN7000
Buddy Offline

Hi Technicsplayer

I received the KN5000 and KN6000/6500 files. Thanks immensely for your help. You are very kind. And thanks also to all our SynthZone friends who have helped with suggestions. I appreciate you all.

Cheers

Buddy

#39331 - 08/02/06 05:58 AM Re: Correct Setting of My KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

you're very welcome

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online