SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58029 - 07/31/06 02:34 PM Tempo Wheel/Song
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
For some unknown reason, the Tempo wheel on my KN7 is not registering correctly. When I turn it up, it will sometimes go down before going up. Sometimes it goes in the opposite direction and sometimes it doesn't move. I do get there eventually, but as you can imagine, it is very aggravating. Also the LED no longer lights up. Any suggestions?

Whilst posting, has anyone heard of "The Kiss Waltz" and if so, can you tell me where to get it please. (yet another tune not in my library of songs) I've tried the net, without success.

Thanks!

Aud (U.K.)

#58030 - 08/01/06 01:32 AM Re: Tempo Wheel/Song
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I know someone else who's tempo wheel does that - do you use it a lot, cos my friend does and I reckon it's knackered...

#58031 - 08/01/06 07:24 PM Re: Tempo Wheel/Song
Mary in Tucson Offline

Loc: tucson, Arizona, USA
I had this happen to the Tempo wheel on my
Technics organ and had to have it repaired.
The mechanism under the wheel has to be replaced.

Mary

#58032 - 08/01/06 09:43 PM Re: Tempo Wheel/Song
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Mary & Roger,

Thank you both for your quick response to my posting.

Yes Roger, I do use the tempo wheel a lot but not on this KN7. This one is the k/board I purchased from a friend when he changed to the Tyros 2. He'd had it from new about 24 months, using it for home purpose only, so I know it wasn't abused. Certainly not as much as my own which is used day and night so much, the 'leger' is wearing off and one or two of the keys are scratched (long nails and hand cream I'm told are the reasons for this - something the men don't have problems with I would think).

Mary - I hope it doesn't come to having it repaired, it seems to me that just lately everything I purchase either doesn't work properly and has to be returned or it breaks down after a VERY short time and has to be replaced or repaired - usually at my expense.

Ah well! I'll carry on with it for awhile, fortunately, there are other ways of setting the tempo.

Thanks again.

Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online