SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39300 - 12/20/05 11:00 AM KN7000 Audio Problem
RonG Offline

Loc: Hudson, Florida, USA
Recently when I turn the main audio volume up half way I get (? 60 cycle audio hum ?). I think it is 60 cycle hum. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Thanks,

Ron

#39301 - 12/20/05 12:21 PM Re: KN7000 Audio Problem
zachr101 Offline

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Except the hum the keyboard plays ok? Is the hum strong or is it just sort of background noise? It could be bad filtration in powersupply - maybe opened filter capacitor or something of that sort. It could also be some higher than normal load on the powersupply, which would have to be investigated and which could eventualy burn the fuse. Are you sure you do not have up the mic volume without microphone connected or some external waire unshielde and plugged into one of it's inputs? Also - is the hum coming from one side or from both sides of the board? There is too many reasons for hum and it needs to be thoroughly investigated. Jan.

#39302 - 12/20/05 02:32 PM Re: KN7000 Audio Problem
RonG Offline

Loc: Hudson, Florida, USA
You may be correct in evaulating that it may be a power supply filter Cap problem. The hum is not background hum but a very strong intense hum when the volume is turned up. I have no other external connections attached. It could also be a poor power supply connection. The KN7000 has never left home which makes it more of a problem in why this just happened. Hope I will be able to find a schematic of the KN7000 or a repair shop.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online