SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#392761 - 09/06/14 06:38 AM Tyros 5 Audio Styles
DannyUK Offline

Hi all,

I've managed to take a peek at all the T5's audio styles and I was pretty impressed with what I heard, the drums make a big difference especially in the Dance/Club category where I think requires it the most to make it sound authentic based on that type of music it is.

I also thought the drum samples sounded cleaner than the drum samples in the S950.

However even with all this (and the other slight improvements) I can't justify the upgrade. I would want Yamaha to make all 539 styles Audio for me to make the upgrade as I think then we'd be looking at a completely different keyboard, but of course less editable which would probably not please most.

I don't know why there couldn't be both sets of drums for each style, both Audio and Midi which you could switch between the two as desired, especially for editing purposes, I sure it can be achieved.

Edited by DannyUK (09/06/14 06:39 AM)

#392769 - 09/06/14 08:50 AM Re: Tyros 5 Audio Styles [Re: DannyUK]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Yes, why not both the audio and midi drum options made easily available for use? What good is the onboard Song/midi recorder, if the audio drums don’t play back with it? I prefer using the midi recorder over the audio record function.

#392808 - 09/07/14 12:05 AM Re: Tyros 5 Audio Styles [Re: DannyUK]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
I agree.... Yamaha is a very big (and very good) company and it is very easy to make more Audio Styles and to give the possibility in user to create User New Audio Styles....
As you know I am working with Audya and Ketron is very small company (and not so good like Yamaha), and exist in Audya 570 Audio styles....
Also from 2009 that release Audya we can (as users) to make user Audio Styles with User Audio Drums, and of couse we can to Record parallel IN THE SAME CHANNEL AUDIO AND MIDI DRUMS:

1) DRUM_1 AUDIO DRUMS (FACTORY) OR USER AUDIO DRUMS, PARALLEL WITH MIDI DRUMS
2) DRUMS_2 PERCUSIONS AUDIO GROOVE (FACTORY) OR MIDI DRUMS_2
And of course we can to use in any style that we want Live Audio Guitars Riffs with different Audio Riff (with different mix like Effects, Pan, Volume) in each Variations, Breaks, Intros, Endings

I think is not good of Yamaha to give so little in users in a very good TOP model like Tyros 5....
If Yamaha give in the users the possibilities to create new USER Audio Styles I will buy it becouse I like very much this Keyboard.....

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (09/07/14 12:11 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online