SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#392268 - 08/27/14 04:03 PM We just never learn
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Another senseless loss of life as a direct result of America's ridiculous obsession with guns.

What responsible parent in their right mind would deliberately put a fully automatic UZI machine pistol in the hands of a 9 yr old? For what possible purpose?

I know there are people on both sides of the gun issue and please, please spare me the 'Second Amendment' bullshit that the gun nuts are always trotting out to justify the most ridiculous of state gun laws (some of the most egregious are right here in my current home state of Georgia).

If anyone can explain why a 9 yr old girl should be on a firing range with a UZI, I'd love to hear it. Geez, if she's outgrown dolls, couldn't they (parents) just give her her own iphone or something?

chas

#392273 - 08/27/14 05:23 PM Re: We just never learn [Re: cgiles]
billyhank Offline

I certainly agree - if it's okay for guns for a 9 year old, why not the car too?

And, make it a really big SUV.

#392275 - 08/27/14 06:25 PM Re: We just never learn [Re: cgiles]
124 Offline

Whenever I'm in the U.S. and, rare as those occasions are, I always have a slight unease knowing that I'm walking among a population, an uncomfortably large percentage of which is carrying a firearm of some sort.

This latest lunacy surely underlines the ridiculousness of this weird love affair with guns that a large proportion of Americans seem to possess. Madness at its finest.

#392289 - 08/28/14 06:49 AM Re: We just never learn [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
It is beyond my understanding how can people still think this way. Anyone who even brings "Second Amendment" as an answer to this situation is plain stupid and lacks any humanity or any means of intelligence as a human being. I don't really care who ever it is.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#392290 - 08/28/14 07:26 AM Re: We just never learn [Re: cgiles]
billyhank Offline

Actually - this is born out of mistrust of our government - any government!

History has always proven this mistrust to be correct.
This country and our constitution reflect mistrust from the beginning and it deepens with each new administration.

#392298 - 08/28/14 08:35 AM Re: We just never learn [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Well, let's see. The 'government' has a fair sized arsenal, from handguns to missiles armed with nuclear warheads with a few fighter jets, tanks, drones, warships, etc., thrown in. So what exactly does 'mr. second amenment' plan to do with his UZI or AK47....stage a coup? Get real, it's just an excuse to allow a bunch of impotent, insecure losers, most of whom have little or no power in their personal lives, to feel the illusion of power. Except for the phrase "the right to bear arms" (taken totally out of context), most wouldn't know the second amendment from the Satanic Verses, and would be hard put to name another amendment.

Personally, I have nothing against target shooting (as a sport) although I'm not a big fan of hunting (but can tolerate it, say, in areas overpopulate by deer, or where certain animals pose a clear threat to a human population......so I guess I should say I'm not a huge fan of SPORT hunting.....and I come from a family (parent's generation) that were big-time hunters.

This gun culture we live in, combined with liberal concealed carry permits and insane 'stand your ground' laws can only be a recipe for disaster....and has proven so time and time again. Incidents like those currently making the news, will continue to happen and as usual, the initial public outcry for common-sense gun laws will soon disappear into the mist. Like I said, WE JUST NEVER LEARN.

chas

#392319 - 08/28/14 09:05 PM Re: We just never learn [Re: cgiles]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I thought I'd chime in with one of the letters I wrote to the newspaper back in 2008 when there was major talk about changing gun laws to arm even more people in the US.
. * * * * * * * * * * *
"Those fine gentlemen who authored our Constitution had insight, wisdom, and common sense......for the time period. They could never foresee how their wording of the original document would be somewhat impractical in present day America, often referred to as the most violent country in the world.

Look at how the following situations are facilitated or turned deadly through the use of guns: workplace and school massacres, domestic and family violence, road rage, street crime, rapes, suicide, thrill killings, pre-planned murders, store robberies, drive-by shootings, gang and drug wars (lose your enemies by shooting them), death by stray bullets, gun accidents, personal vendettas and arguments (using the "shoot first and ask questions later" method). Does it now make sense for the Supreme Court to place guns into the hands of even more people?

Over the years, this country has reviewed, modified and adapted to changes caused by population growth. It’s time to do the same with an archaic Constitution, written in an age of relative calm. The 2nd Amendment was written at a time when sanity and reasoning was practiced. It needs to be reinvented. We're functioning on Constitutional rights that were sanctioned at a time when civility was prevalent, practical and precious."

#392582 - 09/01/14 05:23 PM Re: We just never learn [Re: Mark79100]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, as you know,. I've bee injured by a little smart-ass.

I also collect fine firearms. BUT I do not and refuse to ever consider getting a concealed carry license, and only intend to target shoot and admire the craftsmanship in quality pieces.

Damn, we're even on the same page on this one.

A little different approach, but the same thoughts. I will NOT own anything that even resembles an assault rifle.

Russ

#392587 - 09/02/14 05:12 AM Re: We just never learn [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: captain Russ

Russ

Yeah, in that particular case I wish you had pumped a couple in his butt.....in the fleshy part. Not enough to kill him; just enough so he couldn't sit for a year or two smile smile.

chas

#392719 - 09/05/14 01:53 AM Re: We just never learn [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: captain Russ

Russ

Yeah, in that particular case I wish you had pumped a couple in his butt.....in the fleshy part. Not enough to kill him; just enough so he couldn't sit for a year or two smile smile.

chas

Or for a lifetime like he has condemned Russ to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online