SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#391348 - 08/01/14 07:09 AM Tyros 5
Marty Dee Offline

Loc: The Villages, Fl
Any KN7000 users tried the TYros 5 relative to the KN7000. Iam always concerned about my KN7000 dying and not having a good place to turn to. I have a tremendous library of styles used with my songs and Im sure there will be no way to migrate my styles to the Tyros 5.

Anybody got experience?

#391444 - 08/03/14 12:40 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Marty Dee]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Marty - the only answer in your situation, which is similar to mine, is to buy yourself a back-up KN7000. It certainly is not a satisfactory process to migrate Technics styles to other makes of keyboard, possible but not satisfactory.

#391659 - 08/08/14 01:26 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Marty Dee]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - I made the "jump" from KN-7000 to Tyros a few years back. I loved the Technics keyboards ... and played the KN-7000 for a few years. I sold it (a couple of years ago or so) and got a Tyros3. It was a lot of work to 'move over', as I had many hundreds of registrations, lots of custom styles, etc. - but with a lot of time I was able to. I kept the KN and the T3 so that I could "migrate" things over a few months.

I am very happy with the Tyros keyboards - I kept the T3 for about 5 years, and just recently updated to the T5.

Jim

#391673 - 08/09/14 02:43 AM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: jimlaing]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I agree with Jim. I love my old KN7000 and I will never sell it, but I have Audya and Yamaha too. They all are great in their own way.

Bernie

#391703 - 08/09/14 08:13 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Marty Dee]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I could never get comfortable with the Yamaha keybed. I chose to go with Roland for a feel close to the KN's. I still have three KN7000's that I use with students but usually play the Roland AT350 combo organ for my own enjoyment. There is zero editing with the Roland, though. So you get exactly what you play when you record, and you live with any mistakes.

#393056 - 09/10/14 02:51 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Bob Hendershot]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Marty,

I've just read your post on KN7 v.T5 and thought you might be interested in my experience on this.

In 2010 I part exchanged my KN7000 for a Tyros 3, followed by moving on to the T4 both of which, I found to be very time consuming with the many button pushes needed to get the sounds/rhythms to my liking. So much so, I was really sad and angry with myself for parting with my trusted KN7000 and I mentioned it on this site. To my delight, a member of this Forum, named Giovanni, contacted me to say he knew of a KN7000 for sale at a reasonable price which I quickly accepted and he kindly delivered it to my home. He also brought along his modified accordion and entertained my husband and I for an hour or so. It was a real pleasure meeting him and a great joy listening to his playing.

When the T5-76 came on the market, I went to a local demonstration and was really impressed with it. Firstly, as a pianist, the 76 note version was very appealing to me. Secondly, several changes have been made e.g. Audio, Ensemble, Organ World etc. plus the sound is much better through the T5 speakers (and even better through my amplified system). There are quite a few other new sounds, rhythms etc. on it in comparison to the earlier models, but of course, the drawback for me is whilst it isn't all that much bigger or heavier, than my previous model, we now have a smaller car so it isn't so easy for'gigging'. I hasten to say that the T5-61 is almost identical to the T5-76 but being smaller, would be easier to transport.

I understand that there are ex Technics Programmers working for Yamaha now and in my opinion some of the styles are either original KN7000 styles or very sophisticated copies. Also, I have quite a few converted KN7000 styles for the Tyros keyboard and they all play perfectly on the T5 whereas some of them didn't on the T3 or T4 which again suggests the KN7000 system is in the keyboard somewhere but, I could be wrong! Needless to say, I am very pleased with the T5-76 - it's the best Yamaha keyboard I've had so far.

I hope this helps but if you do decide to go for the T5 my advice is to keep your KN7000 as well. Good luck!

Audrey T

#393078 - 09/11/14 12:37 AM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Audrey Turner]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Audrey,
It is always great to see you posting here again. We miss you. I hope everything is going well for you.

Cheers Nigel

#393224 - 09/14/14 03:25 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Nigel]
Audrey Turner Offline

Hello Nigel,

Thank you for your kind comment. I missed visiting this site too as it has, and still is, such a great help to me. Like others of my age my health has suffered a bit these past few months. (I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth that's all I'm going to tell you ha! ha!) I was in hospital for a few days due to a burst appendix. Not realising what it was, I didn't seek immediate medical help until the pain became unbearable by which time complications had set in. Thanks to the excellent help I received at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge, I am now on the mend and able to play my keyboards again - thank goodness.

All the best to you and yours - Audrey

#394997 - 10/19/14 03:50 AM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Audrey Turner]
Marty Dee Offline

Loc: The Villages, Fl
Audrey thanks for the post on your Tyros 5, I have been moving slowly on this as I as of yet have not been able to find anyone or a dealer with a unit see sit any try to play. I might have finally located a unit for sale in Florida where I might be able to see it. I don't want to just spend $4k -$5k to be disappointed compared to my KN7000 which I will keep no matter what I do. How did you get KN7000 rythmns onto the Tyros?

#398512 - 01/21/15 04:26 PM Re: Tyros 5 [Re: Marty Dee]
Audrey Turner Offline

Hello Marty,

Sorry to be so long in replying to your post. I use www.psrtutorial.com website.

It is a great website offering styles for almost any keyboard you can mention downloaded direct to your computer or can be purchased on a USB stick. The site also offers invaluable information on many music related subjects/problems. Try it! I think you'll find the site most helpful and very friendly.

The other company I use is Strawberry Music Ltd run by Neil Blake. He has some really interesting midifile book collections available right now. His web address is www.tyros5.com

Have fun!

Audrey

Edited by Audrey Turner (01/21/15 04:34 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online