SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#392058 - 08/20/14 12:28 PM Re: Major throat surgery [Re: cassp]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Home day before yesterday. Throat healing well. Leg pain from clot can be intense, but I have to try to walk on it as much as I can tolerate. Can take 3-4 months to dissolve clot. On coumadin so I have to get blot checked every 3 days for now then that will stretch out. The complications are more dangerous than the surgery. Thank you all for your wishes and prayers- don't stop now! I have to use a stool to keep leg propped up at the keyboard. Can't use sustain pedal for now. Maybe by October..

#392069 - 08/21/14 12:55 AM Re: Major throat surgery [Re: sparky589]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Due to blood clots I am on coumadin for life now. So my wife got me prescribed a home electronic INR test kit so I don't have to go somewhere to get my blood tested. She just tests me with a simple finger prick at home and calls it in to the doctor. So much easier than having to have blood taken.

#392072 - 08/21/14 08:56 AM Re: Major throat surgery [Re: sparky589]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wow, you guys are suffering with clots, and I'm suffering from bleedouts. Last Sunday night a blood vessel in my right foot ruptured during the middle of the night, and now I can barely walk because of a golf-ball size hematoma on the bottom of my foot. It's slowly resolving, but very painful and I had to cancel all of this week's jobs because of it. Nothing much I can do other than keep it wrapped with an ace bandage and ice it down for several hours a day. Yesterday morning, I sneezed and blood gushed out my nose like a spigot. It took an hour to get the bleeding to stop. Talked with the doc and he said to stop taking aspirin for a week. I did that beginning last Sunday, but it takes a week for the effects to wear off. (keeping my fingers crossed.)

Gettin old ain't fer wimps and sissies, wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#392074 - 08/21/14 09:21 AM Re: Major throat surgery [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

YIKES!!! This is becoming the "HOSPITAL ZONE" surprised

Common fellas GET WELL SOON!!!!!

Attachments
smiley_sick_1.png

#392075 - 08/21/14 09:28 AM Re: Major throat surgery [Re: sparky589]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, I wish the healing process were a lot faster, but this is not the case with older individuals - and, lets face it - WE'RE OLD! wink Hell, I haven't shaved for a week and my beard is snow white - if I let it grow more, maybe I could get a job as Santa Claus this winter.

The worst part about not playing for more than 2 weeks is, I'm beginning to enjoy not lugging the gear in and out of venues every day of the week. But, I sure miss that income it generates. And, because of the nature of our business, unless we pay high premiums for disability insurance, we cannot write off the lost jobs on our income tax returns. So, all that money is just gone.

Keep your fingers crossed for a quick recovery,

Gary cool

#392079 - 08/21/14 04:43 PM Re: Major throat surgery [Re: sparky589]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Sparky, Sending get well prayers and wishes your way. You're young enough to bounce back and return to gigging without problems.
Gary and you older gents, you'll just have to go back to singing with a limp ...
Ciao,
Jerry

#392080 - 08/21/14 05:01 PM Re: Major throat surgery [Re: sparky589]
travlin'easy Offline

smile

#392105 - 08/22/14 12:41 PM Re: Major throat surgery [Re: sparky589]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Sparky, Gary so sorry for you guys, hope you get well soon. My son Drew is on his way home right now after 5 days in ICU and 9 days in the Cardiac unit. His Doctor is a Thoracic Surgeon, and her patients are in Cardiac recovery. Drew had an Esophagectomy resulting from a tumor in his Esophagus and Barrett's Esophagus. What about old Don? So many medical things going on with people I know. Drew's problem is usually an old man's problem, but his Doctor said it is becoming more prevalent in younger people today and they don't have a clue as to why this is happening all over the world.
You guy's be careful and take care. Oh and take it easy on the wives. Ya'll need them.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online