SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#392063 - 08/20/14 03:50 PM I'm on You Tube ... sorta!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
A friend of mine - Mario Gabriele, born and raised in Italy - was quite a prolific song writer in the 60's ... He has written over 100 Italian songs, and through a series of unexpected events, we got together a few years ago to put some of his songs to sheet music (using Notation Composer) and mp3 ... Mario then submitted the songs to SIAE, the Italian equivalent of ASCAP, of which he is a member, and had them Copyrighted.
Mario's son - Mario #2 - then took the mp3's and put graphics to them on video ... He has now posted 8 of the songs on you tube, and will continue to work on this until all 27 are uploaded ...
In all the songs, Mario sings the melody and where vocal harmony or counter melody is heard that is me - although I did not do much singing ...
My main contribution to this effort was getting the songs notated, and providing the musical backing, which was done live, using my technics kn6000 (I SAID it was a couple of years ago wink ) ...
Listening to the songs a couple of years later, i know the changes I would make to them musically and instrumentally, but this is how they sounded about 3 years ago .. I have posted a couple of the songs below - the first is rated PG-17 ... bounce

This is the link to Mario's You Tube page where you can listen to others if you like ...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4aA04BoUpbrH_nIFMtKY3A/feed

Any comments would be appreciated ...

#392064 - 08/20/14 06:29 PM Re: I'm on You Tube ... sorta!!! [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Congratulation old man. Sure enjoyed he eye candy too.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#392068 - 08/21/14 12:40 AM Re: I'm on You Tube ... sorta!!! [Re: tony mads usa]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Nice Tony, thanks for posting.

#392089 - 08/22/14 07:00 AM Re: I'm on You Tube ... sorta!!! [Re: Nigel]
KORG80 Offline

That is very cool, Tony!

God Bless,
Don

#392095 - 08/22/14 09:31 AM Re: I'm on You Tube ... sorta!!! [Re: tony mads usa]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Took a while for my mouse to cursor down so I could comment - don't know what that was all about. bart

Good job, Tony.

#392096 - 08/22/14 09:38 AM Re: I'm on You Tube ... sorta!!! [Re: Nigel]
KORG80 Offline

That is very cool, Tony!

God Bless,
Don

#392108 - 08/22/14 04:03 PM Re: I'm on You Tube ... sorta!!! [Re: KORG80]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Thanks guys ... it took many months to notate the 27 songs we did, with Mario singing and me picking out the melody on the KB, then playing it into Notation composer ...
Then trying to get the best style to portray the song as Mario wanted it on mp3 ... a lot of work, but very rewarding ...

Mario actually thought he had lost all his music (lead sheets with lyrics, and some with chords) due to a flood in his home when RI was hit with some very heavy rains a number of years ago ... One day while still cleaning out some of the stuff, he found this box with all his songs in it ... they were very wet, but he took them sheet by sheet and spread them out to dry ... Amazingly, during the flood his oil tank sprung a leak and spilled a couple of hundred gallons of oil into the basement as well ... it may have been the oil in the water that protected the ink on the paper from running ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online