SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39150 - 02/14/00 11:22 AM Technote Expression Pedal and K6
Fran Durham Offline

Loc: Sebastian, Florida
The Technote Expression Pedal I have does nothing for the first 1/4 travel. After that it works properly. With only 3/4 usable travel it is rather touchy to use. The volume control on the keyboard works properly. Technote says it is the Keyboard and I should see my dealer.
Anyone else having this problem with Tecnote or any other make of Expression Pedal?

#39151 - 02/14/00 06:41 PM Re: Technote Expression Pedal and K6
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Fran,
I'm having the same problem with an older Technics pedal. I thought I'd try a new one, but from what you say it might not do any good. If you get a fix, please let me know. I'll talk to my dealer.
Frank

#39152 - 02/15/00 06:08 AM Re: Technote Expression Pedal and K6
Fran Durham Offline

Frank,
I tested the volume control on the inside of the pedal housing with an ohmeter and found the first 2/3 travel flat (non-working). My problem is there is no local dealer for Technote Hardware. I have to deal with UK.
Will let you know the outcome.

#39153 - 02/15/00 08:55 AM Re: Technote Expression Pedal and K6
Fran Durham Offline

Frank,
After posting the last message, I diss-assembled the foot switch and checked the volume control outside the housing and found that it had more travel on the high end. Putting it back together I made adustments on the control mounting position which allowed me to use a different section of the control. The adjustment is rather critical. If you ajust it so that you can barely hear a sound with the pedal in the minimum position it works perfect. Hope you can understand my explanation.

#39154 - 02/15/00 04:58 PM Re: Technote Expression Pedal and K6
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Thanks Fran, I'll give it a try.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online