SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#391173 - 07/25/14 12:08 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny,

Nice photos once upon a time my wife and I skied about 25 days every season...................time's changed, although we love visits up to the White Moutains of NH, this winter we've decided we want away from the cold and are spending it in Central Florida. Yea I work up a sweat shoveling snow and/or using my snowblower. While there hope to visit Btweengigs, Saxxman and 2 members from the PSR Tutorial site ............ah Marathon Florida is actually 100 miles further away from my home to Gary's in Md where the jam was, not sure about making that jam since it's going to be a haul. This time around we'll have our 2 dogs with us and not always easy to find a place for them while we are away.

We prefer the pool now compared to coming down a ski slope where I can work up a sweat too. May as well do it where the you don't get a chill from the sweat. smile

This photo is not central Florida but a home we've stayed in on Marco Island.

#391175 - 07/25/14 12:59 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

My parents lived in Port Richey FL, for years I've been there many times and every other part of the state and the keys also, its OK for me in the winter months, but I could never live there full time...If I had to choose a warm climate tropical spot to live it would be the south shore of Puerto Rico it's just beautiful there we used to go many times and just love it. ..... I've also been to so many Caribbean Islands and Hawaii also on vacations, and working on Cruise ships playing years ago on tour. But still, for me a nice warm fireplace, cuddled up with your lady, two Hot Toddy's,
snow commin' down, Christmas tree lights twinkling
& Sinatra & Johnny Mathis in the background?.
"Fugettabouttuit" !! cool2

Attachments
hhhhhhh.jpg

Edited by Dnj (07/25/14 01:01 PM)

#391180 - 07/25/14 03:25 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Does this mean you won't be coming to the Keys Jam (like the play on words - Keys Jam.) wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#391181 - 07/25/14 03:32 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Does this mean you won't be coming to the Keys Jam (like the play on words - Keys Jam.) wink

Gary cool

If there's anyway we can be there we will.

#391183 - 07/25/14 05:46 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary what's the dates of the keys jam?

#391184 - 07/25/14 07:23 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]

Don't know yet, Donny. I'll have to work out the logistics with the folks at the city marina or the resort to determine which would be best, but I'm thinking that Sombrero Resort would work out great. Keep in mind, however, both locations will be outdoors. One at poolside next to the Tiki Bar, or at the Marina Tiki Hut next to Boot Key Harbor.

I'm guessing it may not be possible till 2016, sometime in either mid January, February or early March. But this is just a guess at this point. Nothing will be etched in stone till I talk with the management at both locations.

Gary cool

#391186 - 07/25/14 08:01 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Ok Gary...keep us posted.

#391201 - 07/26/14 11:13 AM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Looks like everyone had a great time. Gary can you send some salsa and chips? I want to compare them to the local Mexican folks salsa that is loaded with Cilantro. Ha ha. My Korg i30 and I are now the oldest pair on the forum. Even older than DonM and that's old.

#391203 - 07/26/14 01:55 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There's half a ham sandwich under my bed that is older than you Boo!

#391206 - 07/26/14 08:13 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]

Been out sailing for the past couple days, and pondering the Keys Jam. For a number of folks, it's just a one day drive from their south Florida homes, while for others, such as DonM, it could be two or more days unless he decides to fly to Miami and rent a car.

In that light, I thought, "Hey, this is a tropical Paradise, at least as far as I'm concerned. What could be better in the dead of winter than playing music in the shade of swaying coconut palms, sugar white sand, turquoise water, 75 to 80 degrees, at poolside, or bayside, with hundreds of folks in the audience? A lot of folks dream about playing in places like this and never get the opportunity.

Therefore, I think that instead of a one-day jam, this should be at least three days of jamming with your Synthzone buddies, having a ball, sipping Margarattas, and rockin to the music. I know out wives will love it, lounging by the pool, sipping their favorite drinks from coconut cups, enjoying sumptuous meals under the stars, OH YEAH! Who knows, we may even be able to attract the California contingent to this event.

On Monday, I'll contact the manager at Sombrero Resort and see if I can get a special deal, lower priced rooms at the height of tourist season, and they get to have some of the nations best, OMB entertainers at no charge. I think that would be a win-win situation. How about you folks? What's your opinion? Would this be something where we could get a dozen or more Synthzone OMB entertainers to attend?

I await your responses,

Almost forgot, while most of the Synthzone OMB guys and gals will either fly or drive to Marathon, this old codger will take a more leisurely mode of transportation. Granted, it will take a month or more for me to get there, but at my age, I'm really not in a hurry to do anything anymore - that's why I bought a sailboat. wink The attached video was from today's sail.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (07/26/14 08:39 PM)

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online