SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
Topic Options
#390775 - 07/19/14 07:14 PM Synthzone Jam, 2014 - day one...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Steve M was the first to arrive, just after 9 this morning to drop off his gear and had for Baltimore's inner Harbor to meet up with some relatives for a fun day.

Tony M came about 12 noon, dropped off his gear and he and Lydia also headed for Baltimore's Inner Harbor and the Artscape Fesitval.

Eddie Shoemaker and Carol arrived just after 5. They had a long day of driving and left just about 6:30 to check in at their motel. They hoped to return later, but both were pretty tired after a full day of driving and opted to get some sleep before firing up for tomorrow's festivities.

Joe Ayala and his lovely wife arrived about the same time Eddie and Carol were leaving, we wolfed down some JUMBO shrimp steamed with Old Bay Seafood Seasoning, belted down some Green Coconut Margaritas, had some of my homemade smoked salmon and smoked salmon dip that I concocted, and Joe and I played my keyboard for a short time. Attached is some of the songs Joe did tonight.

Tomorrow, the festivities kick into high gear and the other guys will arrive.

The vids were all shot with my $29 camera and the camera's shotgun mic.

For those that could not come, you really missed out on a great event. This will likely be the only time I do this, unless maybe, we do it in Marathon Key, Florida during the dead of winter 2015 while I'm down there living aboard my sailboat. I think it would be a great place to hold a Synthzone Jam, I know your wives would love to be in the Florida Keys during January or February, and I'm confident the City Marina would love to host the event. If not, I'm sure I could talk one of the resorts into hosting the jam - it's a tourist town.

More vids to follow.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#390776 - 07/19/14 07:44 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
KORG80 Offline

Hey Gary,

Tell Joe I really loved "Put Your Head On My Shoulder" and "Fools Rush In".

Pretty darn good sound and video from a $29 camera. I'm wondering if the Paul Anka style is specific to your 950. I haven't found anything like that on my 750.

God Bless,
Don
P.S. Wish I could be there but I don't even have a passport. Is Don M. going to be there?

#390777 - 07/19/14 08:30 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: KORG80]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
after hearing Joe sing maybe I will just pass by and pick up my gear and go home...
really nice work, Joe ... clap

#390778 - 07/19/14 11:11 PM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Some lovely vocal Joe ! Looks like you guys had a Great time. God bless . Worth

Edited by spalding1968 (07/19/14 11:12 PM)

#390779 - 07/20/14 03:46 AM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
after hearing Joe sing maybe I will just pass by and pick up my gear and go home...
really nice work, Joe ... clap

Tony, After hearing Joe, I'm already in the van headed back north, yea taking my toys and headed home with my tail between my legs. ha ha NOT. Looking forward to today's jam!

Joe, Excellent job! Enjoyed Al Di La. clap

Edited by Stephenm52 (07/20/14 03:47 AM)

#390780 - 07/20/14 04:28 AM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
yes, you are right Steve ... it's going to be a fun day ... plus, Gary's got all that food!!! see you there ... keys singer

#390781 - 07/20/14 05:16 AM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Just finished putting my keyboard in the car. Came in and checked out the vids. Going back out to take it out of the car !

Only kidding, great stuff.

Leaving Cape May in a little while. I may not play, just drink and eat, I'm much better at that anyway.

See you all soon

#390783 - 07/20/14 05:22 AM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
So cool you posted those videos. Joe sounded fantastic. What a great get together. I am looking forward to seeing and hearing more.

#390784 - 07/20/14 06:09 AM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Last night, after unloading the gear from my and Joe's cars, we must have worked up a bit of a thirst and appetite. Therefore, I popped the cork from a bottle of white zinfandel and poured a couple glasses for the ladeis, then mixed up a Green Coconut Margaretta for myself. Joe opted for a diet Coke.

Carol and I had just finished shelling the shrimp before Eddie and Carol arrived, so I decided to put out a small plate of shrimp steamed in Old Bay and some hot sauce. Not satisfied with a single plate, I added some homemade smoked salmon and olives stuffed with blue-cheese. The pièce de résistance was my homemade, smoked salmon dip, which was spread generously over Ritz crackers, followed by a couple more Green Coconut Margarettas for Joe and his wife Homer. Those things are a bit addictive.

Thankfully, I kicked off the night with the first song. Had Joe began first I would have probably just went down to the creek at the bottom of the hill and drowned myself. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

#390786 - 07/20/14 06:27 AM Re: Synzone Jam, 2014 - day one... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Don, I'll email you that custom style for Put Your Head On My Shoulder when I get some free time.

Gary cool

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online