Topic Options
#390718 - 07/18/14 07:51 AM New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
still ... I'm going the outboard route for the following reasons:
1) more harmonies - the VL3 has 4 parts and you can get 8 in choir/double mode
2) allows for looping onstage with no extra gear
3) best guitar effects in town
4) allows for guitar fueled harmonies without switching mics around ... one central processor
5) I want the same effects & harmonies whether I play an acoustic guitar, piano or arranger situation. I want this one little box to be my main mix ... my "go to" setup - the rest is all academic. I can play anything for bass, drums and chords if the vocals and tracks are all in order.

For small, quick jobs - the built-in harmonizer in the PA900 is more than sufficient, but if I'm bringing a guitar - I need more flexibility.

I'll be couped up the nest 3 days tweaking this new setup before I head back to the jersey Shore on Monday for it's stage debut!

Fingers crossed that I don't pull too much more hair out ... can't afford it!

#390722 - 07/18/14 08:50 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
4) allows for guitar fueled harmonies without switching mics around ... one central processor
5) I want the same effects & harmonies whether I play an acoustic guitar, piano or arranger situation. I want this one little box to be my main mix ... my "go to" setup - the rest is all academic. I can play anything for bass, drums and chords if the vocals and tracks are all in order.

For small, quick jobs - the built-in harmonizer in the PA900 is more than sufficient, but if I'm bringing a guitar - I need more flexibility.

I'll be couped up the nest 3 days tweaking this new setup before I head back to the jersey Shore on Monday for it's stage debut!

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicelive-3/

looks bulky big & heavy? confused1

did you get the FREE FX150 with it?

FREE FX150

Edited by Dnj (07/18/14 08:51 AM)

#390726 - 07/18/14 09:03 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicelive-3/

looks bulky big & heavy? confused1

did you get the FREE FX150 with it?

FREE FX150

Dave doesn't care if it's big, bulky, heavy, etc..., he's a relatively young guy, or maybe he can have one of his kids be his roady. wink

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#390728 - 07/18/14 09:19 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
How does it compare to VL2? Vocal efx and harmonies?

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#390729 - 07/18/14 09:29 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (07/18/14 09:30 AM)

#390731 - 07/18/14 10:36 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I think it's the same size as VL2..I loved my vl2 when I had it..I do wish they would make just a harmonizer, nothing else.The one where you can create all your harmonies, where you can store your own scales..

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#390741 - 07/18/14 06:42 PM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Gulp - I goofed ... missed the fine print. This unit is amazing, and sounds cleaner than previous versions, but it only allows THREE voices at once - me and 2 others!
That's a step backwards in many ways ... might not be able to justify it anymore. I'll have to see just how good the guitar sounds ...
Damn ... I was so sure I had a winner here.
My VLT2 allows FOUR voices to add to mine - I loved that, and thought the flagship would retain that feature. Sadly, they took away some to give more. I have to admit - it sounds fabulous, but it's no longer a grand slam upgrade for me .... maybe a solid double. (no pun intended!)
So ... I have 2 more days to decide if I need to need it, and then I'll concentrate on a better compromise when adding guitar vocals.
That was the main motivator.

I have an awesome pedalboard with a harmonizer and all the effects I need, but that requires a separate mic plugged it. If I daisy chain the mic ... I seem to get a doubling effect. I'll fiddle with that more tomorrow.

If you love the ease of vocals triggered by ANY source, including an acoustic instrument nearby, need great guitar effects and want to create fun loops on the fly ... it's 100% ready for ya ... if you can live with 3 voices (or the added ooomph of a doubling effect that "choir"ises it)

Why don't they make what I want????? Looks like I have the best tools available for my weird little needs already.
smile

#390744 - 07/18/14 07:41 PM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Restock fee on return?

#390753 - 07/19/14 07:29 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Restock fee on return?

I don't think so because, there actually is a problem with the unit. It has a line of dead pixels in the display, so that's reason enough for them to eat the return. I just won't replace it. I'm actually looking at the VoiceLive2 ... that has a true dedicated 4 voice (8 when doubled, or via midi notes) harmony block. I'd really like to get that back. The PA900 only gives me 3.
I want more.
smile

#390754 - 07/19/14 08:00 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I tried out the VL2 - it's a fantastic machine, Dave - you'll absolutely love it.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online