SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#389323 - 05/28/14 03:55 PM Re: LD Systems Maui 11 (Fender Expo) powered speakers [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
One of the things I always think of when looking at new gear is where can I get it serviced and and if I want to change how easy will it be to sell down the road. These fringe manufactures like HK and Maul would make me think twice.

Not me Im old school,....I invest in a piece of gear I like, ......use it play a few gigs and I got my money back fast,
a few month or years later you've made many many many times what you paid for it,........anything happens down the road service wise big deal!! your always ahead of the game, dump it or buy more gear and start again. cool2

Recenetly you posted some old equipment for sale and you weren't exactly giving it away. But if thats your new mode, Ok then, can I have your DXR's ?

#389325 - 05/28/14 05:58 PM Re: LD Systems Maui 11 (Fender Expo) powered speakers [Re: jimlaing]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I am a LD Maui dealer and a HK dealer. These are both German companies, the HK elements are made in Germany, Where the Nanos are done off shore. The LD Mauis are german design off shore built. I think the HK has the best natural sound, but at almost twice the cost of the LD Maui.

No for the insider info, Fender has worked a deal with LD Maui, you can no longer but a LD Maui 11, until after Jan 1st 2015. Fender wants an exculsive till then, I do have one left that I can sell, but can't get any new ones until then, the new ones I hear will come with a built in mixer.

I also have the LD Maui 24s in too.

#389326 - 05/28/14 06:18 PM Re: LD Systems Maui 11 (Fender Expo) powered speakers [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

One of the things I always think of when looking at new gear is where can I get it serviced and and if I want to change how easy will it be to sell down the road. These fringe manufactures like HK and Maul would make me think twice.

Not me Im old school,....I invest in a piece of gear I like, ......use it play a few gigs and I got my money back fast,
a few month or years later you've made many many many times what you paid for it,........anything happens down the road service wise big deal!! your always ahead of the game, dump it or buy more gear and start again. cool2

Recently you posted some old equipment for sale and you weren't exactly giving it away. But if thats your new mode, Ok then, can I have your DXR's ?

Bill your making no sense, ....I keep what works on stage to earn, if not its gone,.......
I SEE NO ONE UNDERSTANDS MY POINT OF VIEW HERE...& no its not "NEW" been doing it this way for 48+ years as a pro.
Oh Well..

#389335 - 05/29/14 07:54 AM Re: LD Systems Maui 11 (Fender Expo) powered speakers [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
[quote=Bill Lewis]One of the things I always think of when looking at new gear is where can I get it serviced and and if I want to change how easy will it be to sell down the road. These fringe manufactures like HK and Maul would make me think twice.

Recently you posted some old equipment for sale and you weren't exactly giving it away. But if thats your new mode, Ok then, can I have your DXR's ?

Bill your making no sense, ....I keep what works on stage to earn, if not its gone,.......
I SEE NO ONE UNDERSTANDS MY POINT OF VIEW HERE...& no its not "NEW" been doing it this way for 48+ years as a pro.

Donny
Only kidding, with you but when you say "dump it" I take that to mean you want nothing in return. I usually try to get a fair price for used stuff no matter how much money I made with it. If the buyers happy I'm happy. BTW I will be posting some items soon.
Don't worry my wife often says I make no sense too.

#389336 - 05/29/14 08:45 AM Re: LD Systems Maui 11 (Fender Expo) powered speakers [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Dump it = Sell it

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online