SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#389292 - 05/27/14 05:33 PM Bose...B1 or B2 bass module
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
We are considering another Bose system(L1s) for our S950 keyboard. In this instance we will run mono...not stereo for voices. The S950 will possibly be used with our Tyros 4 and two Bose Compacts.

Our audiences are usually 150 or less...often around 75 folks in a church setting.

We do a lot of gospel music. We use two compacts with our Tyros 4 which gives us plenty of bass in tandem when we are in the smaller than 75 folks setting..

Reason for asking is that I have keyboard friends who play 15 inch woofer keyboard amps such as Behringer and Roland. I've heard the range(high and low) of these keyboard amps...sounds great but also seems colored to me.

So, now I'm thinking Bose L1s with B2 bass as a second system.

Thoughts?

One thing I should mention. The S950 will be doing mostly keyboard chording stuff and we want as full a piano sound..mono or otherwise as we can get.

Maybe we should get the L1s with B2 bass for the Tyros 4(does styles and voices in our gigs) and use the stereo compacts for the S950 piano voices?

Tx

Rog L.

Edited by guitpic1 (05/27/14 05:39 PM)

#389293 - 05/27/14 05:41 PM Re: Bose...B1 or B2 bass module [Re: guitpic1]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I am sure you will get a number of opinions, but in the final analysis the only one that matters is YOURS ... you really have to 'test drive' it yourself ...
best of luck, whatever you do ...

#389295 - 05/27/14 07:19 PM Re: Bose...B1 or B2 bass module [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Rog, keep in mind that the Roland and Behringer PA systems are conventional sound systems, so you have to deal with significant fall-off - particularly in a church setting. There are several churches in my area that have with a Bose L1 system and after talking with the choir leaders and pastors, they would never go back to a conventional sound system.

I know I've probably posted this information at least 50 times, but it's worth repeating. Keep in mind that you have a great trial program with Bose and you can return the system within 45 days if you or your audiences don't like what you hear. From what I'm told from a friend who worked for Bose for many years, they have very few returns. Something to consider.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#389331 - 05/29/14 12:19 AM Re: Bose...B1 or B2 bass module [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Thanks Tony, Gary for the input.

It's appreciated.

RogL

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online