SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#389183 - 05/22/14 10:47 AM OT Yahoo trouble again
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Got hacked again. Lost all contacts.
1. Has anyone quit Yahoo and has better success with another email provider?
2. I can't get any help from yahoo been holding for 2 hours on the phone.
3. Does Hotmail or any other provider offer better support?

Please any help will be appreciated.

Edited by brickboo (05/22/14 10:49 AM)

#389184 - 05/22/14 11:00 AM Re: OT Yahoo trouble again [Re: brickboo]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I haven't experienced any problems with the following:

My (your)internet provider (Time Warner - Roadrunner for important and personal mail.

Gmail for everyday use.

Yahoo or other for signing up for contest, junk etc. when an email is needed for a website.

Regards,

Jerryghr

PS: I use this little known trick with gmail.

I recently discovered some little-known ways to use your Gmail address that can give you greater control over your inbox and save you some time and headache. When you choose a Gmail address, you actually get more than just "yourusername@gmail.com." Here are two different ways you can modify your Gmail address and still get your mail:
• Append a plus ("+") sign and any combination of words or numbers after your email address. For example, if your name was hikingfan@gmail.com, you could send mail to hikingfan+friends@gmail.com or hikingfan+mailinglists@gmail.com.

• Insert one or several dots (".") anywhere in your email address. Gmail doesn't recognize periods as characters in addresses -- we just ignore them. For example, you could tell people your address was hikingfan@gmail.com, hiking.fan@gmail.com or hi.kin.g.fan@gmail.com. (We understand that there has been some confusion about this in the past, but to settle it once and for all, you can indeed receive mail at all the variations with dots.)

For me, the real value in being able to manipulate your email address is that it makes it really easy to filter on those variants. For example you could use hikingfan+bank@gmail.com when you sign up for online banking and then set up a filter to automatically star, archive or label emails addressed to hikingfan+bank. You can also use this when you register for a service and think they might share your information. For example, I added "+donation" when I gave money to a political organization once, and now when I see emails from other groups to that address, I know how they got it. Solution: filtered to auto-delete.

Edited by Jerryghr (05/22/14 11:04 AM)

#389196 - 05/22/14 05:21 PM Re: OT Yahoo trouble again [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Thanks Jerry. Man I'm terrified to do money on the internet. I have bought from Amazon and a couple of giant music stores over the years with no trouble.

The other day a friend called to find out if I was in the Philippines and did I really need $2500 to get back home. LOL
I can't believe people would send $2 for something so stupid let alone $2500.

#389201 - 05/22/14 06:31 PM Re: OT Yahoo trouble again [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've been using Incredimail for the past 5 years - no problems at all.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#389208 - 05/23/14 05:09 AM Re: OT Yahoo trouble again [Re: brickboo]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
brickboo. I use Hotmail for internet forums etc: I also use Gmail for all personal contacts, this way junk mail goes into hotmail and leaves my Gmail clean.

Best wishes from UK

#389242 - 05/26/14 12:47 AM Re: OT Yahoo trouble again [Re: brickboo]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Thanks Jerry. Man I'm terrified to do money on the internet. I have bought from Amazon and a couple of giant music stores over the years with no trouble.

The other day a friend called to find out if I was in the Philippines and did I really need $2500 to get back home. LOL
I can't believe people would send $2 for something so stupid let alone $2500.

Even if only 1 in a million online users fall for it is a total win for the scammers. It costs them nuthin to send out 1,000,000+ emails/

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online