SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38882 - 02/16/07 12:58 AM Technics KN6000 Tuning problem?
PeterH Offline

Loc: Quesada, Alicante, Spain
I have just brought a used KN6000 and it has developed a problem, the auto play chord appears to be playing a semitone higher than all the instrument voices, I can get around this by changing the pitch of any voices I use but I do not know how to cure this problem, can anyone help me please?. If I play the keyboard without a "Split" all the keys are in tune but the chord arranger is still out. This may be an easy problem to solve for some of you guys but this keyboard is new to me, I have allready tried to use the factory reset but this did not cure the problem. I would be grateful for any advice.

------------------
Peter H

#38883 - 02/16/07 02:11 AM Re: Technics KN6000 Tuning problem?
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Peter,
I had the same type of problem, auto play (Accompaniment) and the RT1 and 2 were playing a semi-tone apart. After spending hours searching for the answer I remembered a post on this forum that stated that using a improper pedal to trigger the slide can leave the note being played a semi-tone out-of-tune.

When I removed the pedal the keyboard it functioned properly.
You may have to initialize the keyboard, not sure.

Hope this helps, John C.

#38884 - 02/16/07 10:46 AM Re: Technics KN6000 Tuning problem?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
If you haven't tried this - go to "Program Menus" - "Sound" - "Part Setting" - and check the "Key Shift" settings for each part ... For all aprts to be in the same key it should be set at '0' ...
Hope this helps ...
t.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online