SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#388674 - 05/07/14 03:46 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Well Technics didn't go belly up. They were a subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the largest companies in the world. I think the opposite was true, they just didn't want to worry about a very small division of their company. I think they continued to support Technics instruments for quite a period of time after they shut down production.
Mediastation was a one-man company, as far as I remember. It was a good idea but was marketed before it was even close to being ready. He had good intentions but probably was way over his head from the start.
There has been this same discussion and conjecture here for years, but the truth is, nobody knows.
http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/254312/1

Belly up, closed up bottom line they are all gone!! But,
I'm happy with whats left on the market regarding arrangers.

#388681 - 05/07/14 09:09 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

I've read for a fact that they are working on a newer version of the Audya. I am totally convinced that soon they'll come out with something ground breaking & stunning once again.

No, the Audya is far from dead. Did you notice what AJ is up to? Unbelievable the quality of the stuff he creates for it...

Cheers,

Henni

#388687 - 05/08/14 04:40 AM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Aside from the Audya having the best live sound, with Korg probably second, one has to go into it a bit to fully appreciate it's features. Some say that it falls behind in lead sounds; maybe, but when taken as a whole, with it's super effects, it beats the other 20 or so keyboards I have had. With AJ's upgrade,it just got better.

I am sure the newer batches of Audya are more bug free than some originals, and this hurt their reputation, along with meager support and marketing. I was lucky-never a problem.

OTH, I still prefer My KN7000, S910, or vArranger for more subdued dinners or NH venues.

#388768 - 05/09/14 12:28 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: Tony Hughes]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Danny,

The Audya has dropped in price dramatically from £4200 to £2900, it was old technology when it came on the market and even older now, still it sounds good, but I think what's on the T5 will see it off, I don't think Ketron have the money to bring out a new KBA to catch up, don't think they will ever catch up.

Hi Tony,

That's quite a substantial drop in price although I don't know if I would still purchase a Ketron again after the bad luck I had with the X1 in the past (I must have been unlucky with Ketron's and GEM's as their keyboards both went wrong on me).

On the other hand, the Audya does sound incredible and at the time when I was looking to change from my PA1X it was a tough choice between the Audya or the Tyros3. I am glad I went with the T3 (and now T4) because I think for the music I play it's more suitable with it's mellow soft and polished sound. I never gig so the live sound would have probably been too overwhelming. In fact, I think the PA900 can sound both mellow and live so I guess I can make up for it that way!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online