SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#38819 - 05/27/07 09:35 AM What is your part in this forum? What are you giving?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I love people --- I love communicating with people. I have read that 80% of the people who are searching the Internet are trying to get connected with another human being. I believe this is true, just look at the amopunt of people on Zynthzone – and it is not just for knowledge.

I am here on the Technics because of the age and type of people. I find it is nice relating to these people. My concern – There are very posts – some days there are none. Why? Are there no people who have Technics? No, there’s a good hand full out there. Are they unfriendly people? No, not from what I have meet at the forum. I now have forum friends in Arizona, Texas, Florida, in England and even people I did not know about living here in my home town.

The posts in other forms involve many different subjects, they are not limited to technology. “OT” is off the Topic, the topic music. OT, can be any topic. Some talk about weight of their keyboards – some talk about what kind of case they are using –some about the stands they have made – Some about the benefits of reading music, or not reading music.

There are some who talk about sports – their car – their studio.
What is my point? Family –Friends—conversation – sharing to help another person – and I am sure there is much, much more.

My point, my purpose – let’s start posting, sharing, let’s give what we have, Let’s help some one get through the day, A friendly post can do so much.

I’m trying, John C.

#38820 - 05/27/07 11:24 AM Re: What is your part in this forum? What are you giving?
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
There are two things that spring to mind here John:

1) The reason this Forum is so successful is it 'speciality' i.e.: Keyboards and music in general.

2) The time factor.

In my opinion, if the site was open to general discussion, it would become long and possibly 'boring' - which I hasten to say it never is at the moment as there is always something to learn from the postings. It would also be open to possible abuse. At the moment we are like one big happy family and as you say, there are plenty of other sites to visit if you are feeling lonely or neglected. I really don't think it is necessary to include general subjects on this wonderful Forum.

Just my opinion!

Audrey

#38821 - 05/27/07 12:50 PM Re: What is your part in this forum? What are you giving?
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Hi John I think you forgot one country
HOLLAND !
It is just what you say, members of this site are not only owners of a keyboard we becoming friends and that evenso importent as a player of a keyboard

Many greetings to all visitors

Jack

#38822 - 05/27/07 12:55 PM Re: What is your part in this forum? What are you giving?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Docters:
Hi John I think you forgot one country
HOLLAND !
It is just what you say, members of this site are not only owners of a keyboard we becoming friends and that evenso importent as a player of a keyboard

Many greetings to all visitors

Jack

Jack,
My appologies, Holland, how could I have forgotten.

It’s good hearing from you. If I remember correctly you always had something good to say. Things are getting better already.

John C.

#38823 - 05/28/07 05:38 AM Re: What is your part in this forum? What are you giving?
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
TECHNICS DISCUSSION is the title of this forum.
To expand it to an all inclusive place to vent whatever seems like an idea that would lead to the end of the designated purpose....

I like it very much just the way it is.... friendly & informative from good people all over our beautiful planet.....

My home is in S.E. New Mexico, USA .... most of the time....Arizona during the winter....some of the time.

Who are the folks in AZ & where there John???

ELIZABETH

#38824 - 05/28/07 07:08 AM Re: What is your part in this forum? What are you giving?

ELIZABETH, I respect your opinion. If for any reason our forum takes a wrong turn and I can not help the situation I will back-off.

There are approximately 30 new subjects posted from May 1st to May 28, 2007, the majority have 4 or less replies. It is my personal (This is all about what I am feeling) that the forum will become less interesting and not a place to start my day. From May 24th to May 28, 2007 they’re six new subjects posted and two of them were post by myself, not much to keep the interest or entice new members.

At the 2007 forum Rog and I talked about adding subjects that would draw more interest, that would get more involvement from our people.
We both agreed that if we were to post discrediting (Knocking) the KN7000 the response would be awesome, but we did not go there.

Please look at my intentions, they are to build and grow. If the majority of the members are dissatisfied, then this will stop. I have posted facts about the amount of subjects and replies posted, if this does not give us motivation to grow and improve and there is satisfaction with the forum as is, then I apologies. If there are people who agree with my evaluation and cure, please step forward.

We will make errors, that is part of our personalities, in that we improve.

IMHO, John C.

#38825 - 05/28/07 07:17 AM Re: What is your part in this forum? What are you giving?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I've long held the view that we need to promote to second owners of Technics keyboards for as owners of new Technics keyboards move on to other makes, their original machines are passed on to other users...who possibly don't know we exist.
Remember 'secondhand Technics keyboards don't die they just dissappear.'
So how about a simple web site which will hit the top of the Google and such like engines pointing new owners of secondhand Technics keyboards towards the 2 or 3 main sites on the internet.
Trouble is I haven't got the faintest how to do that...!
Rog

#38826 - 05/28/07 10:59 AM Re: What is your part in this forum? What are you giving?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
...So how about a simple web site which will hit the top of the Google and such like engines pointing new owners of secondhand ... Technics keyboards towards the 2 or 3 main sites on the internet.

I don't think the "secondhand" Technics ovners will search for "secondhand",
but simply use "Technics" and model description.
That way the sites still up and kicking will show up, so if the links to i.e.
SZ on that sites like yours who are working, they will find the way.
Keep it up Roger!

Regarding the first post in this tread, OT (Off Topic), I think Nigel made a
great choice when he created "The Bar" forum.
Link to that category is to find in upper left corner, under the SZ logo.
Also SZ's "General Arrarranger Forum" happen to have quite a lot of OT posts,
so maybe it's a good idea to keep Technics forum as it is, without make it
like a everyday report about such things as weather and motorhomes etc.?
That way it also might be much more easy and interesting to browse the posts
and read about the Technics things who are discussed here for the new
members and vistors too.
Just my thoughts about it.

Happy Playing and posting.
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 05-28-2007).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#38827 - 05/28/07 04:01 PM Re: What is your part in this forum? What are you giving?
etwo4788 Offline

JOHN C..... It seems as though you think I may have misunderstood your intentions...

I understood that you were advocating expanding the forum to include whatever someone/anyone might want to discuss whether or not about Technics Keyboards....
Perhaps I misunderstood....

I remain in favor of keeping this forum title "TECHNICS DISCUSSION"

ELIZABETH

#38828 - 05/28/07 04:13 PM Re: What is your part in this forum? What are you giving?
etwo4788 Offline

Gosh Roger, if you can't think of a way to reach "secondhand Technics owners"....can't imagine who could!

I agree with Gunnar Jonny.... Also I was a second hand Technics owner first.... found this great forum during that time....

There are still many things I want to learn about the AWESOME KN7000.....check for the new subject elsewhere on this forum.

As for what I have contributed to this forum.... comments & questions though not a lot admittedly....

Most of the posters have been players a lot longer & are certainly far more well educated musically & as Technics players!

I would love to find others who live at least in NM/USA to jam with. Sharing/jamming for me is the best way to learn & my favorite way to enjoy music!

EE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online