SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#388130 - 04/20/14 08:28 AM Crying Time the Video
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Afternoon Guy's

Just tried recording a video for a change using the Kodak Zi8 my Voicelive Touch and the MP-75 microphone. Unfortunately the wrinkles are starting to show, maybe wasn't such a good idea after all. The MP-75 has a natty little button which allows you to switch effects in and out at will. Not sure if it shows an improvement in my singing but at least you can see I'm not cheating.

All comments will be gratefully received sofa

All the best

Col

http://youtu.be/p7abmm8BDRw

#388131 - 04/20/14 08:33 AM Re: Crying Time the Video [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

clap clap clap headphone clap clap clap

Well done Col......just concentrate on making love to the camera more eye contact will make what your singing more believable to the audience...sell that song buddy!!
Otherwise excellent quality.....more more more! cool2

#388132 - 04/20/14 08:48 AM Re: Crying Time the Video [Re: Dnj]
Saswick Offline

Hi Donny

New problems, what to do with my hands, try to put on a performance, nothing is easy, but at least I can concentrate on the singing. grin

Onwards and upwards, hopefully.

Col

#388133 - 04/20/14 08:49 AM Re: Crying Time the Video [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Great sound and it is nice to see you at "work"!

#388136 - 04/20/14 09:10 AM Re: Crying Time the Video [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Hi Donny

New problems, what to do with my hands, try to put on a performance, nothing is easy, but at least I can concentrate on the singing. grin

Onwards and upwards, hopefully.

Col

Col you have to BE THE MAN when your singing on stage ....
your in control...what you relate to the audience with stage presence has to let the audience know that YOU yourself believe what your singing then it will translate to the crowd and they will believe what your singing, I can only suggest to you to watch alot of PRO Singers on You tube and take note of their body language, and most of all Build up YOUR CONFIDENCE to a point of cockyness as if your the Best freaking singer on earth!! Because if you don't look them straight in the eyes & believe what your doing on stage NO ONE WILL! And memorize as many lyrics as you can ! singer

Edited by Dnj (04/20/14 09:12 AM)

#388137 - 04/20/14 09:13 AM Re: Crying Time the Video [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Wish I were better at that. I'm good about talking with them between songs.
However, it IS easier to interact with a crowd of adoring fans than it is with a camera in an otherwise empty room!

#388138 - 04/20/14 09:30 AM Re: Crying Time the Video [Re: DonM]
Saswick Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
However, it IS easier to interact with a crowd of adoring fans than it is with a camera in an otherwise empty room!

You are very right there Don, I felt a right "wally" trying to smile at the window. I did video the last job I did but I couldn't get a descent camera angle, the sound was OK but the video isn't really fit to publish.

As for the patter between songs my first thought was, did I really say that, also I must learn to speak a lot slower.
In the past I have always let the other guy's do the talking so I am a bit out of practice (any excuse).

All the best

Col

#388140 - 04/20/14 10:14 AM Re: Crying Time the Video [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Damned good job, Col. As for the camera, what Donny said is true, gotta retain eye contact with the lens, just as if you were looking directly into the eyes of a drop-dead gorgeous lady who wants to ravage your body. Well, something like that. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#388141 - 04/20/14 10:38 AM Re: Crying Time the Video [Re: travlin'easy]
Saswick Offline

I remember years ago in the "Group" days we were playing at a large venue in the Lake District and during the night I was doing exactly what you say. At the end of the night as we were packing up our gear I suddenly found myself sitting on the floor. I had been decked by a local hoodlum who, when he was arrested, claimed I had been eying up his girl friend all night so it doesn't always work out the right way. The good end to the story is having spent most of the night in the local hospital I went into work the next day wearing my sunglasses (Shades to you guy's) to cover up a monster black eye and managed to cop a date with a young lady who is still my wife after forty seven years. I still don't know whether she thought I was cool or just a prat.

Happy Days

Col

Edited by Saswick (04/20/14 10:40 AM)

#388143 - 04/20/14 11:56 AM Re: Crying Time the Video [Re: Saswick]
KORG80 Offline

Colin,

That was excellent! Your singing has improved immensely since you used to hide behind the harmonizer. I am really pleased to hear you singing with confidence and using the voice that I heard behind the harmonies a year or more ago. Keep it up, my friend.

Now with the video you have set yourself a whole new challenge. Working on eye contact and presence will be very important. If I took myself out from behind my keyboard or guitar and just sang with a hand held mike, I wouldn't know what to do with myself, especially my hands.Gonna take some work but you've got the singing down. I'm sure you will get on top of the stage presence thing. Good luck and God Bless!
Have a blessed Easter.

https://app.box.com/s/ud7oo2jkkn0vzk4lcfh6

Don

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online