SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#386765 - 03/21/14 03:27 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I took my guitar kids to the Martin Factory today .... AWESOME day. It's the 3rd or 4th time I've been there, and I always see something I missed. We have 2 new
"converts" that are both psyched on getting an acoustic guitar asap. Proud moment for a teacher when the kids actually LIKE what I show them! We had a great time on the trip, up and back, and the kids got to see and play some of the nicest instruments in the world. Every Martin guitar in every corner of this world was made in THIS very factory. 200 or more per day. Cool trip.

#386768 - 03/21/14 03:39 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

I would think you would prefer the Martin acoustic vs the Fly?

#386790 - 03/22/14 09:31 AM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I'm not a Martin guy, myself ... I love my Taylor 714CE. It's got me by the heartstrings ... problem is - I won't bring it to a lot of places because of the possibility fo damage, or climate changes if it has to stay in the car for any length of time. The fly is definitely a workhorse and a back-saver (5 lbs!), but in a true acoustic setting ... I'd much prefer having my Taylor strapped on to anything else I've played.

#386792 - 03/22/14 09:47 AM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I'm not a Martin guy, myself ... I love my Taylor 714CE. It's got me by the heartstrings ... problem is - I won't bring it to a lot of places because of the possibility fo damage, or climate changes if it has to stay in the car for any length of time. The fly is definitely a workhorse and a back-saver (5 lbs!), but in a true acoustic setting ... I'd much prefer having my Taylor strapped on to anything else I've played.

Life is too short to worry about damages when you love what your doing Play dat Thing I say share it with the world!! clap .....besides your a keyboard player wink

#386794 - 03/22/14 09:52 AM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

My take is - life's too short to expose beautiful, handmade instruments to careless, drinking, party people. I'll use it in controlled situations, and love every second of it.
Keyboards are plastic pieces of expendable parts ... no so with guitars. They live and breathe, and need us to protect them!
smile
I trust a solid piece of wood in a carbon shell SO much more than a hollow box of Spruce and Rosewood. Jaba the Hut endorses this method of protection, and so do I!

#386797 - 03/22/14 10:00 AM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

My take is - life's too short to expose beautiful, handmade instruments to careless, drinking, party people. I'll use it in controlled situations, and love every second of it.
Keyboards are plastic pieces of expendable parts ... no so with guitars. They live and breathe, and need us to protect them!
smile
I trust a solid piece of wood in a carbon shell SO much more than a hollow box of Spruce and Rosewood. Jaba the Hut endorses this method of protection, and so do I!

all gear can be replaced..enjoy it while were on this earth...

#386798 - 03/22/14 10:06 AM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Awesome, Dave, it's a looker. I have always been intrigued by these guitars, if you find another one, let me know!

#386799 - 03/22/14 10:17 AM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
all gear can be replaced ...

"most" gear ... some things are too specific to be generically substituted. Again - guitars are NOT keyboards ... different animals. I would be heartbroken if some drunk fell on my Taylor.
Life's too short for avoidable heartbreak.
smile

#386808 - 03/22/14 11:49 AM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

all gear can be replaced ...

"most" gear ... some things are too specific to be generically substituted. Again - guitars are NOT keyboards ... different animals. I would be heartbroken if some drunk fell on my Taylor.
Life's too short for avoidable heartbreak.
smile

That guitar begs to be played for people guitar ....keeping it in house is a sin. frown
Look at willie nelsons guitar 'Trigger" now thats adding character I'd say......

http://www.celebstoner.com/news/celebsto...guitar-trigger/

#386813 - 03/22/14 12:21 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Look at willie nelsons guitar 'Trigger" now thats adding character I'd say......

Willie's got roadies and protection from the idiots in the first couple of rows who might "fall onto" his gear. In the trenches, where we rarely get a real stage or separation from the crowd - I'm playing "better safe than sorry"
There's absolutely NO sin in playing that guitar to sooth my soul, and entertain it's owner .... or whomever I choose to invite to the show.
smile
P.S. You're invited, but not Don mason ... he doesn't love us enough.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online