Topic Options
#386446 - 03/16/14 03:28 PM Re: Jukebox - HELP! [Re: RMepstead]
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
:)Katrina check your mail.

#386451 - 03/16/14 06:01 PM Re: Jukebox - HELP! [Re: jd5live]
katrina Offline

Loc: Colchester, UK
Thanks ever so much for your considerable help, John and Roger too.

I've sent emails to you both. But wished to acknowledge on Synthzone how helpful you've been.

I now (probably) need to wait until after the Saturday concert to upgrade the KN7000 from v1.3 to v1.4 &1.6 as despite the Jukebox 5 working brilliantly and not needing the special card-reader, the KN7000 refuses to acknowledge there is audio on the 1 GB SD (it's a plain SD, not SDHC). (Formatted on Jukebox 5). Unless the problem is that the card is too big or something.

I am hoping that I can upgrade the keyboard after next weekend's Concert, and then it will recognise audio.

Will keep you posted

#386906 - 03/24/14 04:07 AM Re: Jukebox - HELP! [Re: katrina]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
There's a PANASONIC SZ-CB7 SD AUDIO PC WRITING KIT available on ebay (UK) if anyone is interested......

Check Here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANASONIC-SZ-CB7-SD-AUDIO-PC-WRITING-KIT-for-TECHNICS-SX-KN7000-KEYBOARD-/331160040624?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160

#386912 - 03/24/14 07:29 AM Re: Jukebox - HELP! [Re: Bill Norrie]
jd5live Offline

Bill you gone and done it ,you spotted it first!!
Katrina I would take a look as if you can get it for a good price it could be a great standby,just checked my PC tower as I have had to fit a new card reader unit and guess what it don't like Jukebox (Ha Ha) so I am looking after my Panasonic cards writer!!! Regards John.

#386920 - 03/24/14 08:07 AM Re: Jukebox - HELP! [Re: jd5live]
katrina Offline

Ooh!
Thanks to you both.

Oh dear, John! Yes perhaps I'd better try and get it then!!!!!

Incidentally, have ordered a whole load of 2GB SDs from various places, (some of which have later confessed they don't actually have them even though on their website). But just hoping I can get at least a couple of SDs that actually work, (the 4 x Sandisks, all 1GB, wouldn't work in the KN7, even though fine in Jukebox).

I really want to get into the audio side, possibly combining with sequencing for the odd number (e.g. to add lines for my choir to sing, or whatever), so I really will need enough SD room for audio. Just wish I'd hopped onto the KN7 bandwagon a few years earlier!!!

#387163 - 03/29/14 04:50 PM Re: Jukebox - HELP! [Re: katrina]
katrina Offline

Can anyone tell me, do TechManager and Jukebox 5 (or for that matter Song Manager) run OK if Windows SERVICE PACK 3 is installed?

I have Service Pack 2 at the moment. I remember reading on at least one of these programmes that it is configured for Service Pack 2. Don't want to do the Windows update to SP3 if it's going to mess up these programmes!

And yes, I'm running out of time because the XP updates won't be available in a few days time !

#387166 - 03/29/14 06:16 PM Re: Jukebox - HELP! [Re: katrina]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Katrina,
I have windows XP with service pack 3 on my small ACER Netbook, which is permanently attached to my KN7000 and linked to my home network. Both Song Manager and Jukebox 5 work OK on this Netbook. I can't vouch for TechManager since I don't use it, but I see no reason why that program should not work OK, when SP3 is installed.
Should you experience problems with SP3 / TechManager, you can always uninstall SP3 by following the procedures detailed here : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249

#387267 - 03/31/14 05:07 PM Re: Jukebox - HELP! [Re: Bill Norrie]
katrina Offline

Thanks Bill !

Sorry for tardiness in replying. Been a bit of a rush, and quite a few problems in the process, but have managed to download Service Pack 3 (but necessitating uninstalling Int Explorer 8 first!), and a reduced price (sale finished today!) Kaspersky Internet Suite, which requires a troublesome Network Framework 4 Manual installation, and after many problems with all this…..the Techmanager and Jukebox 5 appear to still be working!!!!

Hopefully will soon be able to download stuff again, for at least a year, without having to access internet on my Mac and transfer across every time!

Thanks for replying. It gave me the courage to try!

#387268 - 03/31/14 05:11 PM Re: Jukebox - HELP! [Re: katrina]
jd5live Offline

Hi Katrina, check out the new sounds that Daniel has uploaded, even more to play with !!!!!!!
Regards John.

#387531 - 04/04/14 02:32 PM Re: Jukebox - HELP! [Re: Bill Norrie]
katrina Offline

Bill, and John,

Yes, I got the Panasonic card reader etc advertised on Ebay!

Thanks.

The concert had to be postponed by 2 weeks (problems at the venue). That was fun (NOT!!) trying to reorganise it, with all 14 participants! It's tomorrow.

So no time yet to try upgrading the KN7 to v1.6, nor to try Daniel's sound files

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online