SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#386180 - 03/12/14 09:14 AM They worked...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you recall, I had some neat 5X7 cards printed at Vista Print a couple weeks ago. They went out about a week ago in a mass mailing, 30 cards cost me about $45 to send out including the cost of postage. (I Love Vista Print)

Yesterday, one of my regular ADs called and booked me for a 101 year-old lady's birthday party at an assisted living facility, which the family is paying for.

Yesterday afternoon, an AD from an upscale retirement community called and wants to book 12 jobs for the remainder of the year. This is a facility I've never performed at in the past, but have sent advertising flyers to for a decade. It finally came to fruition, and all from a little inexpensive card.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386187 - 03/12/14 10:36 AM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Amazing, another assisted living facility that is only 20 minutes drive time from home just called and booked me for another birthday party for a 100-year-old lady. This same facility also has a large retirement section and 4 assisted living sections. The AD from the retirement section said she will be at the party and if she likes what she sees and hears she will be booking dates throughout the year as well.

Ya Gotta Love Vista Print,

Gary cool

#386188 - 03/12/14 11:11 AM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

Yeah, but get them to spot the typos next time, Gar. It's Cinco de Mayo. Oh, and there should be a space between the closing parenthesis of the area code and the first number of your phone number.

I'll take off my pedant's hat now, but I was a proofreader in a former life. smile

#386189 - 03/12/14 11:18 AM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks 124, I'll make the changes the next time I have the printed. Never knew about the space between the parenthesis and beginning of the telephone number. I guess they didn't either cause they still called. wink

Gary cool

#386193 - 03/12/14 11:43 AM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary

1- are these Business card size double sided in an envelope or??
2- did you mail direct to facility ATTN Activities director or?

Edited by Dnj (03/12/14 11:43 AM)

#386195 - 03/12/14 12:12 PM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, they are 5 X 7 inch cards, I designed them online using Vista Print's custom design features and my photo, they came with envelopes.

I did a direct mail to the facilities, and I always have the AD's name in my PC so it goes directly to him or her and not into the facility's junk mail trash can. I get their names by just calling the facility and asking for the AD's name, then put it into my data base for facilities and perspective facilities jobs.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#386202 - 03/12/14 12:39 PM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny, they are 5 X 7 inch cards, I designed them online using Vista Print's custom design features and my photo, they came with envelopes.

I did a direct mail to the facilities, and I always have the AD's name in my PC so it goes directly to him or her and not into the facility's junk mail trash can. I get their names by just calling the facility and asking for the AD's name, then put it into my data base for facilities and perspective facilities jobs.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Good idea Gary you learned well wink just gotta keep up current with the ever changing AD's who get fired, quit, or just move around each year, buty as hard as it is to contact the AD's this direct mail has always proven successful, and stirs their forgetful memories lol ..... clap It wold be nicer if it was more like a POST CARD so all you have to do is add a stamp and address bypassing the envelope entirely?

#386206 - 03/12/14 01:04 PM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, I use post cards, too. I have one that is a thank you card, which always go over well, and a couple others as introductions to AD's in new places. All those mailings are very effective, particularly when combined with followup telephone calls and visits with other goodies such as pens and appointment calendars.

I figure my total advertising outlay each year is under $300, which is rapidly recouped with the first couple NH jobs. I could have easily booked 500 jobs this year, but I'm just too damned old for that kind of schedule anymore. I had one facility that is about an hour's drive away that wanted me to work at least 3 days a week, and possibly 4. Just too long of a drive in nightmare traffic during rush hour.

Gary cool

#386238 - 03/12/14 09:55 PM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
Ron Pierce Offline

Loc: Fort Myers, FL USA
Gary,
For future orders, you might want to correct St. Patrick's Day to March 17th.
I remember it because my Dad's birthday was 3/17 as was Mom and Dad's Anniversary.

Another proof reader,
Ron Pierce

#386252 - 03/13/14 05:47 AM Re: They worked... [Re: Ron Pierce]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Ron Pierce
Gary,
For future orders, you might want to correct St. Patrick's Day to March 17th.
I remember it because my Dad's birthday was 3/17 as was Mom and Dad's Anniversary.

Another proof reader,
Ron Pierce

Yes March 17th...I noticed that how about some white out and a black pen?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online