SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#385689 - 03/02/14 08:45 PM Re: The Streets of London, Act2 [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
This isn't a song I had ever heard, much less performed, but I tried it with an "Unplugged Guitar" style with the drums and bass off and added a guitar arpeggio with a pad, and it sounded pretty nice ... to me the song needs nothing more than that for background ...

#385697 - 03/03/14 01:49 AM Re: The Streets of London, Act2 [Re: Saswick]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Colin,

Somewhere in the last few weeks you put out "I Believe." I couldn't find the post so I thought I'd drop my message here.

I'm really, REALLY impressed with the tone quality of your voice. I'm thinking about Julio Iglesias. He's not originally a singer, but it's the uniqueness of his voice (the physical properties) that made him popular and very pleasing to listen to.

I'd like to suggest again that you take steps to improve on what you're doing now and I would like to see what you would sound like a few months down the line if you choose to do so.

I, myself, studied with Mark Hayden in London and he really taught me some good stuff on breathing that helps me to this day.

And.....you talked about age. That really doesn't come into play. I'm up there too. And although I sing pop, etc, my heart is really into singing opera and I'm hoping to resume my opera lessons when I can get some time to concentrate. I think being able to express yourself vocally is as satisfying as doing it on a keyboard!

We have a well-known actor here named Paul Sorvino who I guess is around 70-80 years. He takes opera lessons at his age, and though he knows he'll never have an opera career, he just plain wants to keep improving and expressing and enjoying himself. And....btw....opera singers are #1 models for breath control and support that smart singers learn from and carry over into pop music.

Mark

#385700 - 03/03/14 02:44 AM Re: The Streets of London, Act2 [Re: Mark79100]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Mark

I have given the lessons serious consideration, there is a Yamaha school of music about 6 miles from us who do vocal coaching I dug out their phone number but haven't plucked up courage to ring them yet. Watch this space.

The Link for "I believe"

https://app.box.com/s/ok8bxci80ukkxt0182z6

Col

PS: I would love to hear some of your work, Perhaps you could PM me a link where I could access some examples.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online