Topic Options
#385968 - 03/08/14 07:51 AM Re: Just for the helluvit ... [Re: Mark79100]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Mark79100
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Mark ... here it is ...Attachments
Blue Bossa.doc (13 downloads)

Tony......I finally got some time to sit and listen to this song you did. Very, very nice. I didn't realize you were that good. Your jazz sounds fine to me. I didn't notice anything about the lack of bass. And your pick of instruments was supurb!
My only suggestions for any improvement on the tune are to use the "fill in" (break) more to break up the monotony of the rhythm (but that style works really well with the tune).
My other suggestion is....there are certain parts of your "ride" where it got just a tad bit too busy. But.....only "certain parts." I only heard those sections because I was listening close. Most would not even notice.
Otherwise it's one of the songs that also goes into my collection. Just plain very tastily done.
Mark

Mark ... thank you very much for your comments and critiques ... they really are much appreciated ...

You are right about things getting too busy - my fingers sometimes 'fly away' on their own rolleyes ...

As I've said, I would never consider myself a 'jazz player', but I do like to 'amuse' myself playing jazz tunes from the Real Book ...
the comments here have given me the encouragement to post more instrumentals ...
I'm sure I speak for others here as well, but it is very complimentary to think that people have 'saved' songs that I've recorded and sometimes are actually listening to them ...
blush

I have a fairly good collection of S-Z performers ...

Thanks again ...

#385973 - 03/08/14 08:20 AM Re: Just for the helluvit ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100
[quote=tony mads usa] M...

I have a fairly good collection of S-Z performers ...

Thanks again ...

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#385982 - 03/08/14 12:59 PM Re: Just for the helluvit ... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny ... thanks for the link, but the only name I knew on the first 2 pages was Gary ...
Perhaps we should ask for a page like that here - just for posting songs ... ?!? ...

Edited by tony mads usa (03/08/14 01:00 PM)

#385983 - 03/08/14 02:33 PM Re: Just for the helluvit ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Donny ... thanks for the link, but the only name I knew on the first 2 pages was Gary ...
Perhaps we should ask for a page like that here - just for posting songs ... ?!? ...

That would be great...Talk to Nigel Tony see what he thinks. wink

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online