SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#385512 - 02/28/14 04:37 PM Re: What song affected you the most? [Re: Mark79100]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Doesn't get any better for my jazz brain than this for late night jazz club music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxLb7iEnJIw

#385513 - 02/28/14 04:38 PM Re: What song affected you the most? [Re: Mark79100]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks everyone...your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

Fran, I've thought about trying to put lead ins for 7th and Aug chords, especially for these slow jazz ballads...I think it can be done on Tyros4 but I'm not sure.

The thing is, I may not want a bass lead in or a walk up every time I play a 7th or Aug, so it may not be always useful unless I can find a way to have it trigger them only when I want them, perhaps if they are only activated when preceded by a certain chord type.

If I was playing the organ and bass pedals I would do it without hardly thinking about it, but in that case, I have full control over when I want it regardless of what chord I'm playing.

On the Tyros4, I tend to stick to using Style Assembly and Groove & Dynamics rather than program from scratch by playing the line in...basically, it's because it's easier and I'm rather lazy.

But, yes, I do understand what you are talking about.. and it is a valid point, to be sure.

Ian

#385515 - 02/28/14 04:59 PM Re: What song affected you the most? [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Outstanding rendition, Ian - absolutely incredible job on this one.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#385516 - 02/28/14 05:06 PM Re: What song affected you the most? [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

I just dug up the rendition my daughter did one night while helping her old dad on a job. I was recovering from eye surgery in both eyes and wasn't allow to life anything heavier than 10 pounds. With just one useable arm (her left arm is paralyzed) she helped old dad for two weeks, lifting the gear out of the van and placing it on the Rock & Roller cart, then setting it up and tearing it down at the job. She was incredible. I asked her to sing a few songs, and this was her first attempt ever on stage - no rehearsals, nothing - just picked up the spare mic and the audience loved her. Needless to say this old fart was damned near in tears when they applauded at the end of the song.

Over The Rainbow

Cheers,

Gary cool

#385518 - 02/28/14 05:23 PM Re: What song affected you the most? [Re: Mark79100]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Gary, that was lovely...no wonder it tugs at your heart strings. Your daughter has a soft, sweet voice and her word pronunciation was excellent. A great job, especially for an impromptu performance.

Does she still sing?

Another tune that hits me hard emotionally is "Someone To Watch Over Me".

Do you do that one?

Ian

#385521 - 02/28/14 06:37 PM Re: What song affected you the most? [Re: ianmcnll]
KORG80 Offline

Ian,
That "Over the Rainbow" was marvellous!

God Bless,
Don

#385525 - 02/28/14 07:37 PM Re: What song affected you the most? [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

No, I don't do Someone To Watch Over Me, and unfortunately, my daughter just doesn't want to be in this business. I've taken her with me to a dozen locations and every audience constantly asks when will I be bringing her back - I wish she would go on the road with me, but it's just not something she really wants to do.

Thanks,

Gary cool

#385529 - 02/28/14 10:42 PM Re: What song affected you the most? [Re: Mark79100]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Oh-oh-oh! I just thought of the one song that affected almost everybody most.
"Wedding March"! smile

#385575 - 03/01/14 10:21 AM Re: What song affected you the most? [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Oh-oh-oh! I just thought of the one song that affected almost everybody most.
"Wedding March"! smile

rotf2

#385590 - 03/01/14 02:36 PM Re: What song affected you the most? [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

http://youtu.be/B6u7VcGGdpU

As a little boy i went with my father to an Organ demo by Klaus Wunderlich, i was seven years old back then. This particular song made me decide i wanted to learn and play the organ.. Adn so we did, a few weeks later we bought our first organ.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online