Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#385358 - 02/26/14 05:03 PM Re: Audio styles [Re: zuki]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: zuki
I filled in requests, but can't remember what I asked for smile

Don't let it bother you, Jim - my wife said the mind was the second thing to go. Sure wish I could remember what the first thing was. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#385360 - 02/26/14 05:08 PM Re: Audio styles [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
my wife said the mind was the second thing to go. Sure wish I could remember what the first thing was. wink

Gary cool

Joke telling.

chas

#385369 - 02/26/14 06:35 PM Re: Audio styles [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

The MFD vs the songbook is another story also...

#385399 - 02/27/14 02:15 AM Re: Audio styles [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Back on topic...

Who thinks that audio styles are the future? (No i am not talking audio drums, but full fledged audio styles aka ketron...

Its not a Yamahas fault that they tried only to improve their weakest style part the drums with some audio, i think they succeded very well there..

But none of the other arranger brands have taken as much as a single step in that direction, just wondering why? Because the processor power required comes cheep, as are the mathematical algorythms required to transpose in real time.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#385403 - 02/27/14 07:43 AM Re: Audio styles [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Back on topic...

Who thinks that audio styles are the future? (No i am not talking audio drums, but full fledged audio styles aka ketron...

Its not a Yamahas fault that they tried only to improve their weakest style part the drums with some audio, i think they succeded very well there..

But none of the other arranger brands have taken as much as a single step in that direction, just wondering why? Because the processor power required comes cheep, as are the mathematical algorythms required to transpose in real time.

so glad we have choices...but for how long?

#385404 - 02/27/14 07:59 AM Re: Audio styles [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'd rather have the full MIDI based styles than either full audio (Ketron) or audio drums (Yamaha).

These two latter style types are still too restrictive (especially Yamaha) to be of any real use to someone like me who does a lot of editing.

The Ketron are obviously more flexible, but the fact that they don't use all audio parts for all possible chords is not acceptable to me.

With Yamaha, it is not possible to share edited audio drum styles, even with those with the same instrument...big drawback.

So, I'll stick with an instrument that uses only MIDI based styles, thank you very much, until the technology comes along to overcome these non-acceptable (to me) disadvantages.

Ian

#385408 - 02/27/14 08:25 AM Re: Audio styles [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I'd rather have the full MIDI based styles than either full audio (Ketron) or audio drums (Yamaha).

These two latter style types are still too restrictive (especially Yamaha) to be of any real use to someone like me who does a lot of editing.

The Ketron are obviously more flexible, but the fact that they don't use all audio parts for all possible chords is not acceptable to me.

With Yamaha, it is not possible to share edited audio drum styles, even with those with the same instrument...big drawback.

So, I'll stick with an instrument that uses only MIDI based styles, thank you very much, until the technology comes along to overcome these non-acceptable (to me) disadvantages.

Ian

I would rather have both... Sometimes guitartracks add things which arent possible yet with todays midi technollogy... However there are vsts allready that come really really close..

But indeed most of the times espescially with advanced chords midi is much more dynamic..

And while you can get a lot of audio stuff from huge libraries of audio loops, i agree that midi is so much more edditable..

Almost allways having more options allows for better endresults..

Both are not mutually exclusive, and you dont have to choose, you can have both, but if i had to choose based on current technollogy, i agree that i would choose midi based styles..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#385473 - 02/28/14 04:41 AM Re: Audio styles [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Bachus, you know, when you think of it, our MIDI based styles are actually audio in nature, since the midi notes are triggering/playing samples or multiple samples, which are audio recordings of the instrument.

Yamaha and Korg added more power, flexibility and realism by using Mega Voices and DNC technology respectively...nothing really "new" but still far more powerful than basic one-shot samples.

I also feel that most arranger users only use about one-third of their instrument's editing abilities, hence the clamor for third party styles and sounds, but that's another topic for another time.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online