I keep wondering why Yamaha choose the easy way out with their audio styles.... Because i dont think they are true audio styles but audio drums.

Personally i dont think audio drum tracks add all that much, because i am absolutely sure that if i would let the same drummer play a midi drumset instead of a real drum over audio, the result would be just as sparkling and live.. If only the drumset samples would be of the highest quallity.. But Drums and percussion are in my humble opinion some of the easiest things to sample in high quallity.. And even the resonance created by a drum on the other parts of the the drumkit can be implemented by a good effects system

I dont see audiio drums as something sensational...

Personal, i think if you add audio to a style, you can get most of it on natural accoustic things.... Like a realistic strumming guitar, brass and wood instruments... And even accoustic and electric basses.... Or just full orchestra sounds...

This is something Yamaha realised to see with their Audio styles in the s950 and the T5, adding audio drums to a style does not make it an audio style...

As an owner of a ( mostly living in the ketron repair system ) audya, i can tell you that having real audio tracks for basses guitars and such adds much more then audio drums. But all this comes at a cost of these tracks only reacting based on the major chord changes... Maj/min/sept, but not on the more subtle things like advanced chord progressions.. It also lacks a lot in the department of creating your own styles... But overall the Ketron implementation of audio styles by far exceeds what yamaha has done in the S950 and T5

There really is a future for audio style parts, and i am wondering if Ketron will add another step with their upcomming products or if they allow the likes of Korg to catch up ...

But in general i would prefer if everyone talked about Audio drums ( wersi has them for almost a decade now) when they talk about the Yamaha styles..... And about audio styles when they talk about the Ketron styles..

http://keyszone.boards.net