SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#384753 - 02/18/14 02:59 PM Re: For Tony Mads........& anyone else lol.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
And another Jersey boy makes the big time - OH YEAH! smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#384754 - 02/18/14 03:00 PM Re: For Tony Mads........& anyone else lol.. [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Thanx Gary hope you made it thru todays snow storm confused2

#384755 - 02/18/14 03:01 PM Re: For Tony Mads........& anyone else lol.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Yeah, most of it melted off before I had to go to work. It's 49 degrees now, but I just heard on the news that we're in for another round of winter later in the week - I hope not!

Gary cool

#384760 - 02/18/14 04:28 PM Re: For Tony Mads........& anyone else lol.. [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj

saw the at the Waldorf Live OMG!!!! Best Vocal group period! clap

... saw them at the Newport Jazz Festival ... Friday night opening ... Int'l Tennis Hall of Fame ... a little more 'intimate' than the big Sat & Sun venue at Ft. Adams ...
They are appearing in RI in April ... planning to see them again ...
Lydia's all time favorites ...

#384776 - 02/19/14 05:27 AM Re: For Tony Mads........& anyone else lol.. [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
.....custom made SMF thru my Ketron SD1

That arrangement is incredible.......it could easily pass for a band with the right amplification and a Ketron module. Who did the SMF arrangement......did you buy it from a company?

#384778 - 02/19/14 06:00 AM Re: For Tony Mads........& anyone else lol.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Thanx Mark,......this project started as a horrible SMF I found somewhere ......but I like the arrangement. Then I went to work and it took me a week or so to isolate each track & make edits, Eq,Fx, add some additional parts, Piano, etc, also to get it where I wanted it for stage performance & vocal. Of course the Magic Sound of the Ketron SD1 was the tool I needed. I really miss that arranger "nothing" today sounds like it for realism except maybe the Audya. Little by little it all came together.

Take Care

#384838 - 02/19/14 04:23 PM Re: For Tony Mads........& anyone else lol.. [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY

saw the at the Waldorf Live OMG!!!! Best Vocal group period! clap

One of my biggest influences to buy and master the use of harmonizers live. I try to get that "full group" sound much more than a simple background approach. My first real favorite attempt was an early recording of "A Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square" ... made it in my bedroom on a Yamaha 9000PRO in real time. Wish I had the file handy ... I'll look for it. It was based on a MT arrangement.

#384844 - 02/19/14 06:17 PM Re: For Tony Mads........& anyone else lol.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

I remember that rendition you did vividly, Dave - OUTSTANDING!

Gary cool

#384850 - 02/19/14 09:23 PM Re: For Tony Mads........& anyone else lol.. [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

...... a SMF I found somewhere ......but I like the arrangement. Then I went to work and it took me a week or so to isolate each track & make edits, Eq,Fx, add some additional parts, Piano, etc, also to get it where I wanted it for stage performance & vocal.

If it took you a week to do that, it was worth it. The orchestration, the brass stabs, the versatile drum track, and mostly the musicality of the whole thing. That's the way music should be.......musical, as in M-U-S-I-C-A-L

Edited by Mark79100 (02/19/14 09:24 PM)

#384852 - 02/19/14 09:40 PM Re: For Tony Mads........& anyone else lol.. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
My first real favorite attempt was an early recording of "A Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square" ... made it in my bedroom on a Yamaha 9000PRO in real time.

Dave.....you did an outstanding job on that song. By coincidence, I was listening to it last week. I'm a WWII buff and I listen to those songs a lot.

Bob Hughes in the Solton group did a similar recording to what Donny did....but a different song. He sang "We'll Meet Again."

BTW, have you heard the MT do "Speak-Up Mambo?" One of the best recordings ever if you're into Latin music. I'd love to hear someone do that on an arranger!
Is it true that the one million-ith person to post to the Synthzone receives a free Tyros, a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, a recipe for Australian meat loaf and a mail-order bride?

Mark

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online