SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#384253 - 02/10/14 09:22 AM How things have changed...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It's really nice to see and hear some of our forum members once again posting songs. In the not too distant past, this was rare, but now, it's once again the norm and I for one am very glad to see the forum once again becoming very active and covering a vast array of subjects.

Another fun day in Paradise,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#384259 - 02/10/14 10:00 AM Re: How things have changed... [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yep, it sure is great, especially hearing those who were a little, shall we say, "reluctant" to post music for many reasons.

I was just telling someone the other day that SZ is unique in that it is, populated by arranger players, a breed apart from the other keyboard players, and, it's not a manufacturer specific forum, which allows for lots of comparisons, some a little vigorous, between different brands and models.

For the most part, it is a pretty cool site, except for the occasional always-bound-to-go-nowhere "frivolous contests of urinary supremacy" (or "Tinkle Tourneys"), and, I must say I have learned a great deal here on SZ, not all of it relating to music, but many times a lesson in relating to others.

Ah, the arranger keyboard...loved by some, loathed by others, and totally misunderstood by more than a few. It’s considered a “tool” or a “toy” depending on one’s point of view.

Those of us who have embraced the instrument, and think it is a simply wonderful and marvelous invention, are quite fortunate to have a forum that caters specifically to the various ways to use this unique keyboard....or, we can discuss the weather.

In any case, I'm stickin' around...I've been lucky to have made some great friends here.

Thanks for your patience and tolerance, Nigel, and thanks for SZ.

Ian

#384270 - 02/10/14 11:41 AM Re: How things have changed... [Re: ianmcnll]
DMAC Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Ditto !! Well said Ian. I'm fairly new here and have really enjoyed the tunes and demos posted. Also, alot of usefull tips and information on the different Arranger Keyboards. The Arranger is a great tool and fun to play. I'll always have one or two or three,,,, keys organ keys

#384274 - 02/10/14 01:10 PM Re: How things have changed... [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I really enjoy getting the chance to hear keyboardists from around the world playing different brand/models. It great to hear several rendition of the same song by different players. It's a unique learning experience that I'm grateful for.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online